vs. WHITE SOX 6/23

scOtt

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the least surprising news in the history of the planet...

The Orioles swing at the most pitches outside the strike zone in the American League.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=0&type=5&season=2014&month=0&season1=2014&ind=0&team=0,ts&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&sort=2,d

Baseball is a maddening game, but the Orioles offense is above average in this department. It seems that the whole line-up is full of over-anxious, free-swinging hackers. It begins with the leadership of Adam Jones, their anointed franchise player. Jones, Davis, Hardy, Machado is the core of your offense and they are all free hackers. Schoop is learning from the veterans the same approach. Cruz is a temporary anomaly (he may be running out of town as fast as he can at the end of the year). This must be said. It is what it is. You are going to win some games with this approach, but you are also going to lose a lot of them.

If you guys seriously watched that 6th inning conclude and just said, "AW, SHUCKS" then God bless you.

In lieu of screaming at the television or cussing loudly, I try to channel my frustrations through here. Apologies to those of you that are too cool for school, but I'd rather offend you than my wife. ;)

Roger that. I'm fine if people want to correct someone for being wrong, but people don't need to look up stats for every statement in a game thread. The rest of the board you better put your homework in. I've always felt the game thread should just be fun with people saying crap that really shouldn't be held against them.

Just have fun!!!

Way to go Caleb! He has good bat lag and gets good thump on the ball for sure. Just a matter of how much square contact he can make.

The more he hits, the less I miss Matt. Long way to go, but it's nice to see him picking things up offensively.

Archived