MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

MANUEL ARTURO MACHADO

o

On 4/23/2018 at 8:41 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(APRIL 22nd/23rd)

Manny Machado is tied for 6th on the All-Time list for players with multi-home run games at the age of 25 or under.

Jimmie Foxx llllllllllllllllllll 19

Bob Horner lllllllllllllllllllllll 19

Willie Mays llllllllllllllllllll 19

Alex Rodriguez lllllllllll 19

Andruw Jones lllllllllllllllll 18

Manny Machado lllllllllllllll 17

Joe DiMaggio llllllllllllllllll 17

Ralph Kiner llllllllllllllllllllll 17

https://twitter.com/masnRoch/status/988158399597694976

o

o

(MAY 11th)

Manny Machado is tied for 5th on the All-Time list for players with multi-home run games at the age of 25 or under.

Jimmie Foxx llllllllllllllllllll 19

Bob Horner lllllllllllllllllllllll 19

Willie Mays llllllllllllllllllll 19

Alex Rodriguez lllllllllll 19

Manny Machado lllllllllllllll 18

Andruw Jones llllllllllllllllll 18

Joe DiMaggio llllllllllllllllll 17

Ralph Kiner llllllllllllllllllllll 17

o

I believe that Machado's value is that the highest it will ever be. Whoever "buys" him at the end of this season will be buying incredibly high. Just look at his numbers prior to this year compared to his numbers this year. He's an .800 OPS player, not a 1.100 one.

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

The guy is unconscious.   I’ve never seen him look better than this at the plate.    Great start to the game ending DP too.

A few more dubs, and we get the real Frobby back!  Go O's, Manny, Trums, JS and Chance!  ⚾

btw - didja see Chance park that dinger off the lefty that K'd CD?  Bomb!  But Manny with his 150th!

7 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

I believe that Machado's value is that the highest it will ever be. Whoever "buys" him at the end of this season will be buying incredibly high. Just look at his numbers prior to this year compared to his numbers this year. He's an .800 OPS player, not a 1.100 one.

First of all, of course he’s incredibly hot and will cool down.  But second of all, who’s to say whether he’s hitting his prime at 25 and about to hit a level that he hasn’t reached before?     That’s a very common occurrence when a player reaches about this age.   

The thing I’m noticing is that his strike zone judgment and discipline is the best I’ve ever seen from him.    He’s not overswinging, not getting pull-happy, not swinging at bad pitches.     It’s fun to watch.  

• Upvote 1

Manny leads the AL in RBIs, is tied for the lead in homers with Mookie Betts and is second to Betts in batting average. 

No shortstop has ever won the Triple Crown. Along with outfielders and first basemen, two second basemen (Rogers Hornsby twice, and Nap Lajoie), led their leagues in BA, RBIs and HRs, most recently in 1925. There have been one, possibly two, third basemen (Cabrera and Heinie Zimmerman, who at times has been credited as the National League RBI leader in 1912 but now generally and officially is not) who did it. But no shortstops , or catchers. I haven't seen or heard this point made anywhere. Sorry if it's been posted and I just missed it.

Nobody has played for two teams during the year in which he won the Triple Crown. Of course, before the 1970s it would have been unthinkable to trade a potential Triple Crown winner, and Cabrera is the only winner since then.

Every Triple Crown winner is in the Hall of Fame, other than Cabrera, Zimmerman and nineteenth century outfielders Paul Hines and Tip O'Neill.

6 minutes ago, Natty said:

What good is trading Manny for some prospects? I don't get it...

Read this over and over again until it sinks in. 

1) We aren't winning this year with or without Machado. 

2) He's not resigning with us. 

3) If we trade Machado we can acquire prospects and start building for the future. If you need a real life example, ten years ago we traded Eric Bedard for Adam Jones, Chris Tillman, and George Sherrill. Adam Jones became our everyday starting center fielder and Tillman was a serviceable starting pitcher for a number of years. 

4) If we don't trade him all we get a middling draft pick as compensation. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Manny leads the AL in RBIs, is tied for the lead in homers with Mookie Betts and is second to Betts in batting average. 

No shortstop has ever won the Triple Crown. Along with outfielders and first basemen, two second basemen (Rogers Hornsby twice, and Nap Lajoie), led their leagues in BA, RBIs and HRs, most recently in 1925. There have been one, possibly two, third basemen (Cabrera and Heinie Zimmerman, who at times has been credited as the National League RBI leader in 1912 but now generally and officially is not) who did it. But no shortstops , or catchers. I haven't seen or heard this point made anywhere. Sorry if it's been posted and I just missed it.

Nobody has played for two teams during the year in which he won the Triple Crown. Of course, before the 1970s it would have been unthinkable to trade a potential Triple Crown winner, and Cabrera is the only winner since then.

Every Triple Crown winner is in the Hall of Fame, other than Cabrera, Zimmerman and nineteenth century outfielders Paul Hines and Tip O'Neill.

Absolutely perfect time to sell high.