Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pearce wasn't put on waivers. He was DFA and then released. Upon being released, he re-signed with the O's.

I'm pretty sure Pearce cleared waivers (but maybe released). Either way he became a free agent and was offered a contract by the Blue Jays. We were able to persuade him to resign back with us (as a free agent).

But isn't that also possible here? Release him and resign him? If they want him anyway....

Not if he's claimed on waivers. The Orioles seem to think he will be. They are probably right. If they release him then they are obligated to the contract and Reimold can still be a FA..

I'm pretty sure Pearce cleared waivers (but maybe released). Either way he became a free agent and was offered a contract by the Blue Jays. We were able to persuade him to resign back with us (as a free agent).

From MLBTR

Orioles Release Steve Pearce

By Zach Links [April 29, 2014 at 3:44pm CDT]

TUESDAY: The Orioles have announced that Pearce was claimed on release waivers (although it?s unclear which team claimed him), but that Pearce elected to become a free agent rather than accepting the claim. MASNsports.com?s Roch Kubatko tweets that the Orioles are interested in re-signing Pearce.

SUNDAY: The Orioles announced that they have released infielder/outfielder Steve Pearce. Baltimore designated the 31-year-old for assignment on Tuesday afternoon.

What if Young was a decent person?

I still would.

Young's recent success does not mean that we should expect similar production for the rest of the season. Nolan, in my eyes, has superior power, speed and plate discipline. Young should hit for higher average.

Of course the FO is setting itself up for a huge amount of grief if they dump a successful Young for Nolan and he either gets hurt or doesn't produce. It's a lot easier to stay the course.

I still would.

Young's recent success does not mean that we should expect similar production for the rest of the season. Nolan, in my eyes, has superior power, speed and plate discipline. Young should hit for higher average.

Of course the FO is setting itself up for a huge amount of grief if they dump a successful Young for Nolan and he either gets hurt or doesn't produce. It's a lot easier to stay the course.

I might try to dump Lough just to keep him. Maybe even bring Weeks up for one of the dynamic duo at 2B if Buck feels the need for a backup CF.

I don't think I'd DFA Young for him, and that's something I've been pushing as this was coming to a head.

Archived