Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

Given their similar ages, you have:

Nolan, who can't stay healthy and hasn't played meaningful baseball in a long time. There's a hope and a prayer he can be masher again, and everyone loves a homegrown talent.

And Delmon. A guy who's currently hitting the ball well when called on. Plays Major League Baseball. May or may not have similar talent for playing in the outfield.

I think Nolan's ship sailed, and honestly, a primary bench DH guy like Delmon doesn't have a ton of use either, other than the occasional pinch hit.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In no way meant this as a personal comment concerning Reimold. Only that the "freaky"ess of his career has resulted in very little that you could call a "form." He's an easy player to root for, but an impossible one to place your trust in for any significant amount of time. There is no way that I would trade the reality that is Delmon Young or Steve Pearce for the vague promise of Nolan Reimold.

WELL said :agree:

You beat Birdland!

"Reimold continues to get back into the routine of playing left field every other day. But if the Orioles deem he has another injury that is unrelated to his neck issues, the club could keep him on the DL. That's what the team did in May with outfielder Francisco Peguero, another player who is out of minor league options."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-nolan-reimold-0627-20140626,0,225210.story#ixzz35qPprkRO

You beat Birdland!

"Reimold continues to get back into the routine of playing left field every other day. But if the Orioles deem he has another injury that is unrelated to his neck issues, the club could keep him on the DL. That's what the team did in May with outfielder Francisco Peguero, another player who is out of minor league options."

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-nolan-reimold-0627-20140626,0,225210.story#ixzz35qPprkRO

Goes on rehab assignment, strains groin and fouls two balls off his foot. You just have to shake your head, really.

Guest rochester
I believe 15 teams would claim David Lough. I am uncertain that any would claim Nolan.

Then I completely misjudged what he is bringing.. with no options.

My gut says that we will trade Delmon to make a spot for Nolan. I'm not sure how I feel about this though. I do know that I have zero faith that Nolan can stay healthy for the whole season.

This would be a mistake given the health of Nolan. Its just to risky to think Nolan can stay healthy all year and outproduce Delmon. I know Delmon wont be this hot all year, much like Pearce, but at this point you need to take into consideration that Nolan LIKELY wont stay healthy all year. There was that one flash in the pan of Nolan though and man that is mighty tempting to try and think he will produce that again. But I think it is doubtful.

I have always liked the way that Reimold goes about his business on the field. Further, he always displayed the tools to be a productive major league player despite his injuries. I have not seen him play, however, I think that the Orioles have to risk losing him to another club on waivers at this point. While Young may be a redundant piece to Cruz on the team, I do not believe that Reimold provides and up grade over Young at this point.

LIke others have said, his salary and his injury history may cause teams to pass on him. If he is claimed, he'll have another shot to play in the majors. if he is not claimed, We'll most likely see him in an orioles uniform in September.

He had a .782 OPS last season with an injured wrist. ZIPS had him with a .811 OPS going into the season and their updated projection has him at .891. Steamer had him at .774, and .851 now. His strikeout rate is respectable, he has decent power and speed, isn't bad in the outfield, and has a great walk rate. He's probably going to regress some but I don't think an .850 OPS is out of the question.

Nor do I, considering where he is right now. He has a long way to drop to get to .850.

I have always liked the way that Reimold goes about his business on the field. Further, he always displayed the tools to be a productive major league player despite his injuries. I have not seen him play, however, I think that the Orioles have to risk losing him to another club on waivers at this point. While Young may be a redundant piece to Cruz on the team, I do not believe that Reimold provides and up grade over Young at this point.

LIke others have said, his salary and his injury history may cause teams to pass on him. If he is claimed, he'll have another shot to play in the majors. if he is not claimed, We'll most likely see him in an orioles uniform in September.

No serious team should claim him, even if he hit 400 with 20 HRs in the Minors we all know he will have a new injury, losing Young or anyone else for 5 games that he would play healthy is plain stupid.

No serious team should claim him, even if he hit 400 with 20 HRs in the Minors we all know he will have a new injury, losing Young or anyone else for 5 games that he would play healthy is plain stupid.
The Sox rank seventh in the AL with a .741 OPS out of left field and dead last with a .563 OPS in right field, a lack of production that amplifies Bradley's offensive struggles.

So a flyer on Reimold wouldn't make sense for the Red Sox?

Archived