Orioles messing with Gausman again what's new.

Greg

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all I have been an O's fan since 1962. Some of you are fans, but have no idea of the control Angelos has over the local media. I am just telling what I know based on what some local sports writers who have covered my teams have told me. I remember distinctly that a writer for the Baltimore Examiner told me he wrote a column critical of Mr. Angelos. The response was the next day Mr. Bader calling and the Orioles pulled all their advertising from the now defunct newspaper. That is a fact!!!!!
So if Angelos doesn't like what Palmer is saying he'll threaten to pull all his advertising from Palmer's what? All he can do is fire Palmer if he is stupid. Palmer can work for whomever and whenever he likes.

I have no doubt that Mr. Bader had advertised in the Examiner. I bet some of the reason he was willing to pull that advertising was the lack of marking effectiveness as well as the "article" that supposedly got the advertising pulled. Those types of things are done by contract anyway so the tale sounds embellished by the writer. At the very least. since we are naming Greg and Peter. How about the fellow who is accusing them?

That could very well be, but he asserted that Palmer would be getting a phone call tomorrow in regard to his critique of the Orioles' handling of Kevin Gausman, and that is what I responded to.

Perhaps another thread can be started in regard to the allegations. That might be great. But, Palmer is clearly and obviously his own man in the booth.

That could very well be, but he asserted that Palmer would be getting a phone call tomorrow in regard to his critique of the Orioles' handling of Kevin Gausman, and that is what I responded to.

Perhaps another thread can be started in regard to the allegations. That might be great. But, Palmer is clearly and obviously his own man in the booth.

No question. Clearly.

Orioles he's got 28 innings

Norfolk he's got 43 innings

80 Games to play might get 14 starts with all off days. 14 starts lets say he goes 7 innings every start= 98 innings.

The kid can handle 169 innings in 2014.

He was throwing 140 at LSU.

Good point about the innings. At this point the innings issue should nt be a big concern.

So if Angelos doesn't like what Palmer is saying he'll threaten to pull all his advertising from Palmer's what? All he can do is fire Palmer if he is stupid. Palmer can work for whomever and whenever he likes.

Potter may be cheap, but not stupid. Jon Miller didn't win 268 games for the Orioles.

On a per game basis the research seems to show pretty clearly that arm injuries are caused by fatigue and not pitch count. The question then becomes how do you recognize fatigue (and manage it).

The more interesting point (and more debatable one imo), is how are the cumulative counts and workloads affected in the long term. That requires a lot of work and a lot more variables.

Some teams are using track an to ID fatigue, but people I've talked to that know trackman don't think it's a good idea to make real time decisions in the discussed manner. Shrug.

Archived