60th Anniversary Event on August 8

TonySoprano

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The first-place Orioles put on their own impressive on-field show, clobbering the defending World Series Champion Cardinals with a 12-2 series-opening rout."

uhhhh sorry Britt but that's not correct.

"The first-place Orioles put on their own impressive on-field show, clobbering the defending World Series Champion Cardinals with a 12-2 series-opening rout."

I like it though. Welcome to being irrelevant, Red Sox Nation!

Was at the game tonight with my 5 brothers. One of my top three all time games along with Davis' 3 HR game v TOR and Nick's 3 HR game v MIN.Loved the ceremony but I saw my first O's game in 1955 and I wished they had had more guys from that era. Brooks was really the only one. Also, though it was the dark period, I wished they had Melmo and Tejada, they gave us some great years.

I go way back with the O's 1966 is about right and that tribute was REALLY NICE

Thanks to MASN for bringing that to us who were not there. :thumbsup1:

I want to echo this. I was very appreciative that MASN showed the entire ceremony. I was worried it was going to cut off at the end of O's Extra.

Watching that ceremony instantly took me back to my childhood sitting on the back porch with my Dad listening to Jon Miller on the AM radio.

It was a great ceremony. I wasn't alive for the glory years but the O's of the mid to late 90's were the teams that made me fall in love with baseball. Not just Cal. Loved seeing Hoiles there and a replay of his ultimate slam against the Mariners. The ceremony really showed why i am proud to be a fan of this team and why i am glad i've stayed with em through good years and bad.

Didn't even read the article. Just tried to share the video via my phone. No dice.

Video within that blog post is great though.

That was really well done. The Orioles really do a good job with these kinds of events. It would have been nice for some of the more recent Hofers to have been involved. Seeing the older guys on the field reminded me of all of the guys who have passed since the Memorial Stadium ceremony. We're still a pretty young franchise and the majority of us will pass having seen more than half the team's seasons. That means we'll also probably see more than half the team's greats pass away as well. Thanks again to all of the Orioles greats who were there today in body and in spirit. We'll never forget you.

Sounds like I picked a bad night to be out of the MASN viewing area. But I got enough of a feel from reading this thread to know that this game and ceremony will be remembered by fans and players alike as a galvanizing moment of the 2014 season. And we weren't exactly playing mediocre baseball coming into this game.

C'mon, O's, give us a season that will be remembered like '66, '70 and '83! I believe you have it in you!

Was at the game tonight with my 5 brothers. One of my top three all time games along with Davis' 3 HR game v TOR and Nick's 3 HR game v MIN.Loved the ceremony but I saw my first O's game in 1955 and I wished they had had more guys from that era. Brooks was really the only one. Also, though it was the dark period, I wished they had Melmo and Tejada, they gave us some great years.

You have 5 brothers? DAYAM!

They had Milt Pappas...

I'm glad someone else caught that. That's an inexcusable mistake. Do they not edit their work?

You have 5 brothers? DAYAM!

That explains a lot about El Gordo!

Fantastic ceremony. Thank you O's for a terrific celebration and all the memories. I have been following the O's "only" since 1980 or so, but got to meet Brooks Robinson as a kid. Great to see him healthy. "He will always be Mr. Oriole..." Only bittersweet aspect of it is that Earl Weaver and Mike Flanagan couldn't be there.

Archived