vs. ANGELS, 7/23

OFFNY

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• On Elias’ board he’s definitely markered in to be a 1:1 replacement for Santa. People cry, but what about how Elias stuck with our guys in Cowser, and Stowers, and didn’t run out and sign Hicks.  For the deadline, I think we need to “fresh” arms. Closer obviously as one. It would also be nice to get a LH 3B/2B that brings some OBP and can take advantage of our ballpark in RF. With Westburg being able to play 3B/2B it opens up the player pool to LH 3B as well. 
    • The upgrade could  be Norby, Holliday or even Mayo. Right now Hes in the perfect place for this team. (with Mateo Being IL).
    • The Os need to make some trades and trading a few vets should be on the table. Whether it be Urias or Mateo and OHearn or Hays (or any other number of combos), trading some vets should be on the table. We don’t see it a lot but trading ver bats to another contender for relief help could be a direction to go.
    • What Soto and judge did the last month is not sustainable - right?    RIGHT? I mean, probably not but yeah the Yankees have certainly found their swagger the last five weeks. That said, the Orioles (who arguably have not been playing their absolute BEST ball) have held right with them.  I want the division, the playoffs are a total crapshoot in baseball and there need to be more evidence to see if the super-long layoff for winning the division really hurts or was last year's bye teams all losing just a fluke? I want that flag man. 
    • It’s almost as if the idea of judging a solid vet on a SSS of at bats is a foolish thing to do.
    • How big is to look at the upcoming games and see Burnes, Bradish, and Grayson, all pitching in the same series. WOW. 
    • People think luck is some dirty word but it plays a huge part in things. I don’t see any adjustments that need to be made. He is seeing a lot of pitches and he is hitting them hard on a regular basis. He is also using all fields.  It’s not like he is pull happy or something like that. Yes he may have some at bats that aren’t great, like every other player in the history of baseball but overall, he’s doing what he needs to do. All of his expected stats are better than his actual stats.
  • Popular Contributors