vs. MARINERS, 7/24

OFFNY

I would have someone up in the pen.
When our pitcher is under 80 pitches and throwing a shutout?

If you were managing this team, the relievers' arms would fall off because of all the warmup pitches you would have them throw.

If he were managing this team, the Orioles wouldn't even bother taking the field for half of their games.

3-3 and on the way to 3-5. Iwakuma and King will own this O.

Tonight and tomorrow are already losses, so the best that the Orioles can hope for is a 4-game split.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think KG will leave little doubt by the end of the year, and I'd take Gonzo over Chen if forced to choose between the two. Chen's piled up wins, but that's not necessarily a reflection of how well HE'S done. The offense just scores for him.

Chen is the Rodney Dangerfield of the pitching staff. I certainly wouldn't bet on Gausman or Gonzo.

I think KG will leave little doubt by the end of the year, and I'd take Gonzo over Chen if forced to choose between the two. Chen's piled up wins, but that's not necessarily a reflection of how well HE'S done. The offense just scores for him.

If you remember 2012 and 2013, the Orioles rarely scored runs for Chen, this seasons been different.

Chen is the Rodney Dangerfield of the pitching staff. I certainly wouldn't bet on Gausman or Gonzo.

To a point, I'd agree. I've just been harping on the idea that one of Chen/Gonzo should go to the bullpen, and I prefer Chen because it'd make for an easy excuse to jettison Matusz.

Archived