vs. ANGELS, 7/30

OFFNY

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reminds me a little bit of Jake. Great inning, great inning, great inning, implode.

The "great inning, great inning, great inning, great inning"s were because the umpire was calling strikes, strikes. Then he decided he would like to ratchet up the difficulty a bit for the young man.

You can't throw down the middle of the plate every single pitch, even if you can throw 99. You absolutely have to get strikes called when they are on the corners. It can make the difference between a 2011 Justin Verlander start and a 2014 Jim Johnson start.

*Footnote: Justin Verlander was Cy Young and MVP in 2011. Jim Johnson is one of the worst pitchers in all of professional baseball this year.

I definitely think they should make every effort to burn out the pen while simultaneously keeping Gausman from learning how to pitch his way out of these types of situations.

Ty for bringing some sanity to some of the goofiest posts I have ever seen...the guy is basically a rookie learning to pitch at the MLB level and over all doing just fine...now some on here calling him Cabrerra...stupid

The 4 best innings of his life followed by his worst. Cant get any worse than walking 3 straight and having all 3 score with 2 outs.

Good news is that we saw what gausman will look like when he has some starts under his belt and experience. That inning was all because of his age and inexperience. We have an ace on our hands I believw

Archived