vs. ANGELS, 7/30

OFFNY

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very bad to bring the tieing run up. Not good inning. Still a rookie, a very good rookie, but a rookie. Just throw strikes, dammit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With that defense behind you.... i agreee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• What you don't like the take from our resident professional bowler who was all state in like 10 sports, with a smokeshow for a wife?
    • Fangraphs and B-R agree on batting runs, replacement runs, and most of the minor adjustments.  The vast majority of the difference is in defense, where Cowser is +3 in DRS but +9 in OAA.   Fangraphs is giving him an extra 1.4 runs for baserunning, while B-R is calling him an average runner, and Fangraphs has an additional 0.5 run adjustment because I guess they think the AL is a better league.  That adds up to close to 9 runs, which is the entire difference between B-R and Fangraphs.    If you split the defense and baserunning in the middle you still get a 1.6 or 1.7 win guy about 40% of the way through the season, which is basically a 4 or 4.5 win player.  That's pretty good.
    • I've been saying this for a week since Hyde went to the 6 man rotation. Right now, NY lines up w/ Poteet, Cortes, and Gil. They have a clear advantage if this holds. I am hoping w/ the off day, Hyde will maybe push Bradish or GRod up a day to at least face Gil on Thu.
    • Good Lord, there are some embarrassingly bad takes in this thread, it's hilarious.
    • Wheeler-Burnes is really nice - for an over from the NL mercenary, dueling Wheeler maybe as engaging as any miscellaneous Yankee game. Phillies without Trea and Realmuto are a little bit like Braves without Acuna and Strider.
    • Are they playing on HS fields filled with rocks and pot holes? Cmon.  Either you are a good fielder or you aren't.   And this translates all the way from tee ball to travel league to HS to college to pro. A field is a field.  I grew up playing shortstop on a field or marbles.  You could still tell who the good defenders were and who wasn't.
    • The issue is, and this needs to be talked about, is was he so "Tiger Woodsed" by his dad, in other words pointed towards a sport and made to play that 24/7 (baseball and also with obvious talent) over other athletes that played many other sports besides baseball growing up......that has he had an advantage playing baseball specifically  as a kid?  And has had that advantage up to age 20 compared to kids who didn't devote as much time to baseball but are better athletes, who played many other sports, and who have a higher ceiling as a result? Because I just do not see any sort of elite athleticism in JH.  I see a player who had been trained his entire life to play baseball and as a result is way ahead of most other players his age.  Not sure I see anything elite. 
  • Popular Contributors