vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/05

OFFNY

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• We’re coming into town Thursday for the last Cubs game and the Friday and Saturday Yankee games.  Friday weather looks like crap all day and night.  If it’s rained out, best guess at when they’d make up that game?  Seems like a Saturday DH makes sense but I’m biased and would hope for that.   I think it’s the Yankees final trip to town and if so, DH more likely, hopefully just not Sunday.  
    • This is good reading. According to Tom Tango, MLB Senior Database Architect of Stats, expected stats were designed to only be descriptive. If the goal was to be predictive, they would have been designed differently. Expected stats tell you what the likely outcome should have been. They are not predictive so use them accordingly. Properly Diving Into Expected Stats | Community Blog (fangraphs.com)
    • How about trying to trade with the Marlins? They may be more reasonable than the White Sox. How about Luzardo and Tanner Scott? Is Luzardo injured?
    • Is it fair to say that Hays is basically the new Ryan McKenna? Starts against the lefties and is a late inning defensive replacement. Kjerstad needs regular AB's. He's much more competitive at the plate than Cowser. Santander should be the everyday RF/DH. Mullins I'm fine hitting 8th and playing good defense in CF.
    • I reiterate my vote. I don’t actually think Mike will do nothing, but I do think he will do nothing significant, which I think was the actual intent of the question. I think a far better question would be to ask what is Mike’s goal? This is the third year of success, even less than that if you remember that last May or so we were 10 games under .500. Maybe he doesn’t care about winning a series this year and is more interested in his pipeline of successful players? It’s clear he has to trade several players simply because they’re wasting away in the minors, but he certainly hasn’t yet.
    • "Late July", heh. https://www.mlb.com/angels/news/anthony-rendon-returns-mike-trout-injury-update Crochet - I do think there's some chance his Friday start against the Pirates is his last as a White Sock.     He reps the org at the All-Star game, but Getz can be reasonably sure he has the best guy and ask for best offers over the All-Star break.    At least some bidders at that moment would I think not temporize for a view of the mid-late July ballgames, and Crochet has special workload circumstances. I remember when the White Sox got Eloy Jimenez, I believe the deal broke around the ASB - July 13, 2017 according to this. https://www.milb.com/news/white-sox-acquire-eloy-jimenez-dylancease-from-cubs-241971790  
  • Popular Contributors