Manny Machado expected to have surgery on knee within a week.

Greg

This is a huge loss but we can survive this and still make a legit title run. We have a huge division lead and if the playoffs ended today we would draw the Royals in the first round, a team I believe we can beat. The A's and Tigers are a mess right now and could very well be pitted against one another in a one game playoff. (And that is assuming the M's don't catch either of them). As for the Angels, they just lost their ace. This is not doomsday guys! There is no time to panic and deal someone like Bundy.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every little bit helps? What's your take on the significance of Machado's injury? Do the O's playoff chances look markedly worse, or do you think the loss is marginal?

(obviously asking because it would seem to be counterintuitive to think that Manny's loss is grave, but the acquisition of Beltre would have a negligible impact. If you don't think Manny's loss is a big deal, then there's no logical conflict)

Losing Manny slightly diminishes their chances. But not enough to mortgage the farm for one shot.

Since the last CBA, draft choices can not be given MLB contracts.

Yea crazy silver set me straight earlier.

This is actually an ironic moment. Some of the stat guys can't see the team is not significantly downgraded by the loss of Manny but yet want to trade the farm for an old Beltre. One year or one playoff series win isn't worth it.

My response to trading Bundy, Walker and Cisco was to albinohero (I think) post which said IF we win the world series it would be worth it. And since it's been since it's been since 1983 we were even there, I think anything we give up will be worth it. If we win it all. Of course we only know that after-the-fact so not saying that it should be done just saying that if it was done and we won it all. Then, yes I am for it.

You're still not paying attention.

Let's review

Someone said trade Bundy+ which is like the new thing now around here

You said let's trade Machado for Beltre

I said that doesn't make sense

You said pay attenion

I said, I am..the idea of giving up the young talent is a bad idea because that's what a bad org would do

You said the samething about paying attention

Fill in the blanks if I am missing something.

Every little bit helps? What's your take on the significance of Machado's injury? Do the O's playoff chances look markedly worse, or do you think the loss is marginal?

(obviously asking because it would seem to be counterintuitive to think that Manny's loss is grave, but the acquisition of Beltre would have a negligible impact. If you don't think Manny's loss is a big deal, then there's no logical conflict)

I don't know right now.

I can go ahead and say even a big deal isn't going to move the needle that much in regards to the team winning a WS once they get to the playoffs.

I've never believed them.

Just to say this in public... I've never believed them either. But I don't BLAME them for it. They release what news they're allowed to. The Orioles as a whole too! They're not going to say Manny's done! All hope is lost!

Do you all understand PR one iota? :rofl:

Who is a top tier prospect not on a major league contract?

Was thinking maybe Christian Walker (believe that is his name) who is a first baseman I believe. There was also another young guy who was leading the league in hitting or second who I cannot recall right now.

Archived