You have to trade for a new 3B, right?

JohnD

It seems obvious (to me) that we should offer Manny Machado for Beltre.

I don't see Manny with his defective knees having a long ML career, but perhaps the Ranger would take a chance that he can still reach his early promise.

A lot of things about Manny have bothered me this year.

1. Mouthing off about his salary, when it's exactly what every player for decades has gone through

2. The Oakland incident.

3. The knee surgery decisions made apparently independent of the O's doctors. I have no proof but I get the feeling that the O's thought his knee would be sound enough to come back and make a go of it to help the team in a playoff run. Manny seemed to go in a different direction wanting to do the surgery to be able to get back to 100% next year and maximize his eventual run at the big money of free agency. All conjecture on my point, but I don't get the feeling that Manny is a team first kind of guy.

You make some good points. But I would rather trade Bundy.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You really want to give up those three guys to replace Manny? Beltre isn't a salary dump. He'll cost a lot and not prospects.

He only has one year left on his contract... They won't be good next year. Why not save money and get some solid prospects?

Here's a question...........

In the history of baseball, has there ever been a more complete collapse in one season than what Davis has done this year?

He's hitting well below the Mendoza line and putting up Reynoldsian strikeout numbers.

It's got to be top 5 in one year to the next collapses.

We really do need a 3b if we want to win the series.

Otherwise we will simply be a good playoff team. But not champions.

Here's a question...........

In the history of baseball, has there ever been a more complete collapse in one season than what Davis has done this year?

He's hitting well below the Mendoza line and putting up Reynoldsian strikeout numbers.

It's got to be top 5 in one year to the next collapses.

We really do need a 3b if we want to win the series.

Otherwise we will simply be a good playoff team. But not champions.

Adam Dunn 2010 and 2011 offensive WAR goes down 6.2. Chris Davis is down 6.4 this year over last. Seems pretty similar downward spiral.

You make some good points. But I would rather trade Bundy.

I don't see this as a plausible offer. He's making a claim that Machado has no value (based on injury, attitude) for the future yet at the same time is trying to claim he's worth something in a deal. He's contradictory.

He actually wants his cake and to eat it too. Texas isn't that stupid. Besides that, we all know that the Rangers already have a prospect waiting in the wings at 3B. On many levels this is a non-starter.

Long time member and I just realized this is my first post. I can't believe I've been a member for 7 years and never posted anything. What if we swung a deal for a 2nd baseman and moved Schoop to 3rd? Just thinking outside the box.

I'm surprised in 8 pages of discussion, this hasn't been suggested.

You really waited 7 years for this moment? Ha ha. You should get into the fray more often.

Long time member and I just realized this is my first post. I can't believe I've been a member for 7 years and never posted anything. What if we swung a deal for a 2nd baseman and moved Schoop to 3rd? Just thinking outside the box.

Schoop was really bad at third when he played there, but yeah. Anything is possible.

It seems obvious (to me) that we should offer Manny Machado for Beltre.

I don't see Manny with his defective knees having a long ML career, but perhaps the Ranger would take a chance that he can still reach his early promise.

A lot of things about Manny have bothered me this year.

1. Mouthing off about his salary, when it's exactly what every player for decades has gone through

2. The Oakland incident.

3. The knee surgery decisions made apparently independent of the O's doctors. I have no proof but I get the feeling that the O's thought his knee would be sound enough to come back and make a go of it to help the team in a playoff run. Manny seemed to go in a different direction wanting to do the surgery to be able to get back to 100% next year and maximize his eventual run at the big money of free agency. All conjecture on my point, but I don't get the feeling that Manny is a team first kind of guy.

Won't people just let the Oakland thing go? He made a mistake and apologized for it.

The fact is we can't replace Manny with player X and be as good or better than we are with Manny.

This sucks :cussing:

With Beltre you can. that's why he's a good answer that really needs to be considered. The only question is at what cost? Ed Rod would have been a nice chip :-).

With Beltre you can. that's why he's a good answer that really needs to be considered. The only question is at what cost? Ed Rod would have been a nice chip :-).

We are not getting Beltre.

And BTW, if you go out and get Beltre, you have some flexibility with Hardy this winter. You have the option of letting Hardy go and moving Manny back to SS.

Archived