vs. CUBS, 8/24

OFFNY

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's easier to stomach a slump when it occurs against a reasonable team, I think.

For me it's not necessarily the team they are playing, but just a reminder of how such a tight rope the O's walk and how quickly it can go the other way. They strikeout a ton, don't get on base, and REALLY need to hit homers. That's a fine line, which we saw in the second half of 2013.

Yes, it does. But it really HASN'T happened to the Orioles since June.

So it's disappointing.

Definitely. I'm disappointed. (Though if we pull this out and have yet another winning road trip knowing we faced Kluber, Sale, Quintana, and the Cubs' 3 best, knowing that it was a prime letdown situation going on the road after over a month of seeing no one but topnotch playoff bound teams, bitter divisional and regional rivals, and we practically conceded one of the nine games by sending one of our better starters to the minors and starting our 6th best -- I'll be pretty damn happy).

But the tenor of a lot of the posts I am reading isn't "disappointment". It is far worse.

And play who at 3B? ...Flaherty?

Wayne Kirby may have some gas left in the tank. He just needs to chew all of that bubblegum that he normally puts up to his ears. The sugar shock will make him lose 40 lbs and provide the energy he needs to grow Popeye muscles, then he'll be able to field better than Davis and hit better than Manny.

Hey, you gotta exercise ALL your options. We're really scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Archived