Rank the order of importance for re-signing the following free-agents...

EagleOriole

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1, Hardy- The guy is glue on a team that is built on defense. Plus, I think that sigbing him has taken on a greater priority with Machado being injured the last two years.

2. Cruz- Right Handed slugger that gives the lineup balance.

3. Markakis- He's having an excellent season, but of the three I consider him the easiest to replace although it won't be easy.

Hardy is significantly more important than the other two. Cruz is better than Nick right now, but I'm doubtful he'll replicate this season or be worth his next contract.

That's the only issue. I'd put Cruz 3rd because I assume he'll want quite a bit more than what it should take to re-sign Nick.

Hardy is significantly more important than the other two. Cruz is better than Nick right now, but I'm doubtful he'll replicate this season or be worth his next contract.

:agree:

What I said last night

Watching him tonight got me thinking, if I can only bring back one of Hardy, Cruz and Markakis, I'd take Hardy.

With Manny's injury and the Yankees' obvious need for a SS, I think we NEED to keep Hardy and lock him up before he even hits the market. The other two are far less important, but I'd put Markakis ahead of Cruz.

Indeed. I don't want to see JJ contributing to the Yankees or Boston, and having to play against him 20 times a year would just be an extra kick in the shin.

Archived