vs. RED SOX, 9/08

OFFNY

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You would think so, just because he hasn't pitched recently. If he doesn't make an appearance than one could surmise that he could even be left off the playoff roster.

I think Buck will try his damndest to save him for the DH Friday. If he pitches it'll just be an inning.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• After leaving with an injury, they have to be proceeding with an alternate plan in mind.  If he's available, fine, but it leaves a lot of room for worry if his availability is decided minutes before or during a game.  Of course, playing the Skanks, that could be a bit of gamesmanship making the determination late- not that it would amount to much in that regard.  Certainly isn't akin to a QB in football being questionable up until gametime.  Nevertheless, if Kimbrel would benefit from rest, now would be the time to give it to him and not later on if an injury becomes more severe with playing "thru" it.
    • I agree with the second part (as I stated) this issue is not important enough for owner involvement. However I strongly disagree with the bolded portion of your post. If that were the case the Rays would have great attendance. What’s the Guardians attendance? What about the Brewers? However, look at the Padres. Winning is absolutely the most important part. However there are other factors that affect your fanbase/merch sales/attendance/suit sales and the like. Have you observed how many #2 and #35 shirts are in the stands now? Do you believe that if the Orioles trade them both or let them walk in FA in a few years in back to back seasons that will not have an adverse effect on the orgs relationship with the fanbase in this market?
    • Bullpen session for Kimbrel.  
    • Cowser's progression has sucked a lot of the oxygen out of the room for Kjerstad, and even indirectly for Mayo and Norby. He's basically the same as O'Hearn now - nothing is changing if production stays high.
    • Oh agee Kjerstad’s promotion/playing time is not important enough in terms of it’s possible impact on revenue. But there are other player decisions that are/will be.
    • Last year he went 5.1 innings with 4 hits, 2 earned, 5 strikeouts and 2 walks in his lone start at Camden Yards. For his career against us, he's got a 1.99 ERA in 45.1 innings, 4 wins and 0 losses.  His WHIP against us is 0.927.  It's the lowest WHIP against any team he's faced consistently (I'm not counting interleague eams where he's thrown 8 innings against a team) in the AL outside of the Guardians.  And he's got 23.1 more innings against us than he does them. This bleeping guy owns us.  I'm not expecting much out of our offense tonight but I would absolutely love it if we lit him up like a Christmas tree.    
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now