Chase Headley 3B & Manny SS 2015

Il BuonO

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mostly trades:

Jordy Mercer, Alexi Amarista, Miguel Rojas, Marwin Gonzalez, Chris Owings, Brandon Crawford, Clint Barmes. I'm Sure there are some good fielding AAAA types Dan could pick up as well.

Well, out of that group I like Amarista, Rojas and Owings, but the last two aren't going anywhere. The group you listed are all young controllable SS. Do you think these teams are just going to give them away?

You think Dan finds some, not one, but some AAAA SS types that qualify as good fielding?

Again, anyone in FA you foresee that could be a target? Is it possible that Manny could be moved to SS and we could target a good fielding 3B? Or is that beyond the realm?

1. I've mentioned Pedro Florimon previously. Good defensive SS. Will come very cheaply. Out of the picture in Minnesota.

2. Alexei Ramirez - Trade Target - signed for 2015 at 10M with a team option in 2016 for another 10M. The White Sox are going nowhere. This would most likely be a prospects fueled trade. That's the tough part.

3. Didi Gregorius - Young SS pushed out of job by Chris Owings in Arizona. Will not come as cheaply as Florimon but his price is down.

SEA has a couple good ones in Chris Taylor and Brad Miller. Taylor looks like a player. The Cubs have few good young ones. I think this may be where we have to look at dealing one of Gonzo or Norris.

1. I've mentioned Pedro Florimon previously. Good defensive SS. Will come very cheaply. Out of the picture in Minnesota.

2. Alexei Ramirez - Trade Target - signed for 2015 at 10M with a team option in 2016 for another 10M. The White Sox are going nowhere. This would most likely be a prospects fueled trade. That's the tough part.

3. Didi Gregorius - Young SS pushed out of job by Chris Owings in Arizona. Will not come as cheaply as Florimon but his price is down.

I do like Didi. It would give Manny time to consider staying the move. Gregorio's could be a change of scenery guy.

I like Florimon, too, but that's an all glove no stick prop.

Archived