A scenario so incredibly awful not even Roy could imagine it

mdbdotcom

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't get me wrong, I think they are important. But assuming that even if he's forced to sit out the spring training games but is still a) allowed to participate in all other team activities and b) in ideal health, I don't see him so handicapped. Definitely not as bad as if he were forced to sit out because of injury.

Again, to me, the worst thing about losing the ALCS would be losing the ALCS. The status of Davis doesn't figure much into that for me.

And I agree with you.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are important. But assuming that even if he's forced to sit out the spring training games but is still a) allowed to participate in all other team activities and b) in ideal health, I don't see him so handicapped. Definitely not as bad as if he were forced to sit out because of injury.

Again, to me, the worst thing about losing the ALCS would be losing the ALCS. The status of Davis doesn't figure much into that for me.

Of course it would be, but that wasn't the subject of the OP. The subject was the Davis situation, which could be worse than has been discussed.

• 1 month later...
This hit me this morning.

If the O's were to sweep the ALDS and then get swept in the ALCS, there would still be one game left on Chris Davis's suspension and he would remain on the restricted list until the 2015 opening day game was completed.

I'm not positive, but I believe he would be able to practice with the team in spring training, but would be ineligible to play in major league spring training games. Not a very pleasant thought.

Okay. Back to celebrating clinching the AL East last night. Carry on.

So, I've spent the last couple of weeks licking my wounds and trying to move forward from the disappointment that was the end of the Orioles season. I've spent hours searching for meaning and understanding of what went so terribly wrong. Tonight, I remembered this post. Suddenly, it all made sense.

So, I've spent the last couple of weeks licking my wounds and trying to move forward from the disappointment that was the end of the Orioles season. I've spent hours searching for meaning and understanding of what went so terribly wrong. Tonight, I remembered this post. Suddenly, it all made sense.

I can't believe you remembered it. I'd forgotten all about it. Wow. Certainly wasn't trying to make a prediction.

So the team that beat us no longer exists. I saw some of their guys playing in Japan. No one even cares who won the World Series. It only lasts for a few days. They are meeting in Pheonix. Winter meetings are right around the corner. It's 2015.

Archived