Not a tourney team yet....

Sports Guy

As soon as this team learns to close out a team, and finish opposing teams off, the rest of the season should be a good one. Gary has got them playing very well after the horrible start, now he needs to get them to finish games and close out teams. It cost us games against BC and VT.

Yeah, the game tommorow at BC is critical. Take away any of the losses to VCU, Ohio, or American(how in god's name did we lose this?) and we are in much better shape. But the wins at Illinois, Charlotte, and UNC(obviously) almost counteract those losses. We are playing very well right now, and there is no reason we can't finish 10-6 in conference. The only really hard game we have left is at Duke. At Miami seemed tougher earlier, but now they are struggling.

Vasquez needs to stop throwing up ill advised shots. And I swear we turn the ball over like 18 times a game, on average.

Illinois was at home.....Beating them at home and Charlotte on the road doesn't come close to cancelling out the bad losses....The UNC win cancels out one of those losses.

Putting aside my complete disdain for Joe Lunardi, I notice he has Ohio is in as an at-large team. As I've said many times, that loss really isn't as bad as people thought. Would be completely acceptable if it weren't at home, but I personally feel that they have more than made up for that rough stretch with the way they've played over the past several weeks.

Win these two games we're supposed to win this week - tonight is huge, a winnable road game that will avenge the home loss to B.C. - and if Lunardi still has us on the outside, sitting at 6-3 in conference with three home games and trips to Wake and Virginia ahead of us - it will just show me what an anti-ACC dope he is.

Putting aside my complete disdain for Joe Lunardi, I notice he has Ohio is in as an at-large team. As I've said many times, that loss really isn't as bad as people thought. Would be completely acceptable if it weren't at home, but I personally feel that they have more than made up for that rough stretch with the way they've played over the past several weeks.

Win these two games we're supposed to win this week - tonight is huge, a winnable road game that will avenge the home loss to B.C. - and if Lunardi still has us on the outside, sitting at 6-3 in conference with three home games and trips to Wake and Virginia ahead of us - it will just show me what an anti-ACC dope he is.

Whether you like him or not, he is almost always 100% right on who gets in and who doesn't.

The Ohio loss isn't terrible but no way should you lose to them at home.

The American loss, at home, is beyond terrible though.

Whether you like him or not, he is almost always 100% right on who gets in and who doesn't.

American, you'll get no argument from me.

Lunardi's bracket changes so often in the final days before Selection Sunday that I must say I'm not really all that impressed with his ability to get almost everything right. If he got 64 of 65 right on November 10, then I'd be impressed.

To be honest, I've never gone back and checked, but when he touts his 64 of 65 average or whatever it is, does that factor in how correct he was in terms of those teams' seedings? By Selection Sunday, we know all but a few of the teams that will be in anyway, and I bet many of the good college basketball posters on this board could be just as right as him with their final bracket if it's just a matter of picking the teams that get in. Many could probably come pretty close if it includes seedings, as well.

Lunardi is one of the guys that is constantly touting mid-major teams, be it in his bracket or on his spots on SportsCenter. I am sure that this media presence has some impact on the selection committee. And maybe it's my personal big conference bias, but I am sick of the mid-major double standard. They are not "what makes the tournament special." Kids at FSU and Michigan care just as much as kids at Air Force and George Mason. Jay Bilas gets it - the auto bids plus the next best 34 teams should be in. Period. And more often than not, those teams are the ones tested in big conferences down the stretch.

The ESPN bracketologists (to be fair, more Gottlieb than Lunardi) lost tons of credibility with me a few years ago when they essentially said "Maryland has a decent [i believe it was 9-7, at worst 8-8] ACC record, but that's built up mainly against the poorer teams in that conference like Georgia Tech." Meanwhile, Georgia Tech was touted as a great win for Air Force. Guess which school got in the tournament that year...:rolleyes:

Eh, I'd like to see the research on that without actually doing the work myself.

This bracketology stuff at this time of the year is silly.

Although this is under the auspices of Lunardi's "Bracketology," this is the bracket that a panel of experts came up with yesterday in Indianapolis (Lunardi was on the panel) and not just Lunardi's bracket (as evidenced in part by the lack of propping up of Mason and the A-10).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Has Maryland as a 10 seed (and what a second round game that would be!!!), and relatively safely in (not one of the last 4 in).

Clearly there is still some work to do, but at this point we can start to think about improving the seed in addition to just ensuring that the Terps get in, period.

By the way, if we did end up in a 7/10 game, I would take my chances with Georgetown over most of the other teams that look to be in that range.

By the way, if we did end up in a 7/10 game, I would take my chances with Georgetown over most of the other teams that look to be in that range.

Absolutely. I'm not convinced that Georgetown is that good at all.

Although this is under the auspices of Lunardi's "Bracketology," this is the bracket that a panel of experts came up with yesterday in Indianapolis (Lunardi was on the panel) and not just Lunardi's bracket (as evidenced in part by the lack of propping up of Mason and the A-10).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Has Maryland as a 10 seed (and what a second round game that would be!!!), and relatively safely in (not one of the last 4 in).

Clearly there is still some work to do, but at this point we can start to think about improving the seed in addition to just ensuring that the Terps get in, period.

As it has been said...that would be a good matchup for the terps..Baylor and GU are very good draws

I'm surprised they have Cornell as a 13 seed when usually Ivy teams are given 14-16 seeds.

Obviously it's impossible to really analyze individual seeds or matchups in bracketology because there are still so many games to play.

Good Ivy teams, which Cornell seems to be, often get better seeds. Penn was an 11 seed two straight years earlier this decade, and was a 13 itself in 2005.

Archived