Not a tourney team yet....

Sports Guy

...but they are moving up...In his latest Bracketology, done before the GT win, Lunardi had MD in his next 4 out(bottom of that list):

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

I believe this is the first time they have appeared anywhere.

Their RPI is climbing..It is still not good but it is now 69..Much higher than it was a few weeks ago.

Their overall SOS is 25 but non conf is 115(not sure that matters though):

http://kenpom.com/rpi.php

At BC would be a good win but their RPI is in the 80s.

Things are looking up for MD but they still have some work to do to get into the tourney.

Remember, FSU didn't get in the tourney with a 10-6 conference record a few years ago.

Depending on who the Terps beat, i am not sure 10-6 is a guarantee. A lot will depend on who they beat and how they finish out the season...If they go 10-6 with no other really good wins outside of UNC and get bounced in the ACC tourney after their first game, I think they will be sweating selection sunday.

Remember, FSU didn't get in the tourney with a 10-6 conference record a few years ago.

Depending on who the Terps beat, i am not sure 10-6 is a guarantee. A lot will depend on who they beat and how they finish out the season...If they go 10-6 with no other really good wins outside of UNC and get bounced in the ACC tourney after their first game, I think they will be sweating selection sunday.

10-6 is an absolute lock, no doubt about that. No team with a national championship in the past 10 years, and a victory on the road against the #1 team will ever be left out with a 10-6 ACC record.

I think 9-7 and we're on the good side of the bubble, probably as a 9 or 10 seed, although if we go 9-7 and then lose to a lesser team in the first round of the ACC tourney, we could easily be left out.

2 teams (Duke and GT) got in at 8-8 last year. If 10-6 doesn't get an ACC team in the tournament, then the conference will only have 2 teams going. That's not going to happen. A 9-7 team will definitely make it this year, but 8-8 won't because of the down year in the ACC.

Clemson, MD, Miami, VTech and maybe BC or NC State will make it.

And the Terps are 67th in the RPI with a 19th SOS and they were the 6th team off Lunardi's list last week.

Florida State was not 10-6. They were 9-7 w/ a first round loss to a bad team in the ACC Tournament.

10-6 is a lead pipe lock, no question. The Terps are probably 'in' right now (though last four). If they win 6 of the last 9 in the regular season they will likely have the fourth best resume in the conference which makes them a lock for the field of 65.

Florida State was not 10-6. They were 9-7 w/ a first round loss to a bad team in the ACC Tournament.

10-6 is a lead pipe lock, no question. The Terps are probably 'in' right now (though last four). If they win 6 of the last 9 in the regular season they will likely have the fourth best resume in the conference which makes them a lock for the field of 65.

Yea, i just saw that...Not sure why I was thinking it was 10-6.

FSU had a win against Duke(who was #1 i think) and beat UMASS(A10 like Charlotte)...However, their RPI was in the 60s and their SOS was in the 90s.

MD should be above those 2 numbers.

My predictions for the rest of the schedule:

atBC W

NCSU W

atDuke L

FSU W

VaTech W

at Miami W

atWake W

Clemson W

atUVA W

Puts us at 9-7 and we'd probably need to win an ACC tournament game.

That is much better and puts us at 12-4.:)

I'm not sure that Duke is a tourney team.;)

9-7 with out beating duke lands us square on the bubble. If we beat duke and are 9-7 were in!

10-6 no matter who we beat puts us in.

it's nice to have these thoughts after the month of December went so poorly!

I have been in this camp since the UNC win. 9-7 with a Duke win is an absolute lock.

MD needs to keep this momentum going. I think the key is getting their touches inside. It seems that in the beginning of the year Osby played much less of a role than he does now.

This inside play in the flex offense is really giving UMD more options...do I really need to say it but if they keep winning, their in!

I saw on the bracketology that Ohio made it as an at large team, I go to OU so I'm pretty pumped about that but I will always be an MD fan at heart. It was really tough going to the MD/Ohio game and watching it. Great win for the OU program but at the same time it was an absolute embarassment for MD's program, I didn't know how to feel that night.

Yeah, the game tommorow at BC is critical. Take away any of the losses to VCU, Ohio, or American(how in god's name did we lose this?) and we are in much better shape. But the wins at Illinois, Charlotte, and UNC(obviously) almost counteract those losses. We are playing very well right now, and there is no reason we can't finish 10-6 in conference. The only really hard game we have left is at Duke. At Miami seemed tougher earlier, but now they are struggling.

Vasquez needs to stop throwing up ill advised shots. And I swear we turn the ball over like 18 times a game, on average.

Archived