Tickets, Tickets, Tickets...who knows what's going on?

Todd-O

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes. It is.

My sister bought a 13 game plan right before the ALDS and has been choosing a game as they keep advancing. I know the WS has not been available to her. She has received two different codes so far.

Certainly doesn't sound like the marketing dept. has their act together.

If they have eliminated the Sunday game plan, they will have likely lost me and my buddy as season plan holders. We both live near or in DC and work in downtown DC. Weekday games aren't feasible for us, and I don't think either of our wives would go for two games per weekend all year. I'm very disappointed to hear this. I suspect other Sunday plan holders will feel similarly.

If they have eliminated the Sunday game plan, they will have likely lost me and my buddy as season plan holders. We both live near or in DC and work in downtown DC. Weekday games aren't feasible for us, and I don't think either of our wives would go for two games per weekend all year. I'm very disappointed to hear this. I suspect other Sunday plan holders will feel similarly.

I suspect this is untrue for those who have them now.

I suspect this is untrue for those who have them now.

I hope so. I hope they're just new plan options and not replacements. It looks like they just might be requiring a higher game commitment for next year if you want postseason access with guaranteed games, but I can't tell for sure.

I hope so. I hope they're just new plan options and not replacements. It looks like they just might be requiring a higher game commitment for next year if you want postseason access with guaranteed games, but I can't tell for sure.

It's possible.

I've never gone to a playoff game and I'm trying to figure out what my best strategy is. Should I try to fly to Baltimore and go to Game 2 this Saturday or wait for a chance at the World Series? I'm not really sure I can pull off a late minute trip this weekend either way.

Does anyone have an idea of what type of money world series tickets cost? If it's a matter of $100-$500 I can pull that off relatively easily, but if we're talking about thousands of dollars I'd seriously have to think about it.

I've never gone to a playoff game and I'm trying to figure out what my best strategy is. Should I try to fly to Baltimore and go to Game 2 this Saturday or wait for a chance at the World Series? I'm not really sure I can pull off a late minute trip this weekend either way.

Does anyone have an idea of what type of money world series tickets cost? If it's a matter of $100-$500 I can pull that off relatively easily, but if we're talking about thousands of dollars I'd seriously have to think about it.

They seem to be a grand right now.

StubHub's cheapest WS tickets right now are about $750. I'd imagine that upper deck type seats will be at least a couple hundred once those get released.

FWIW, I'm going to wait until Friday and Saturday to check StubHub to see whether prices do come down at the last minute. If not, I'm going to cross my fingers and spend big for WS tickets.

Us O's fans are finding out just how expensive it is to follow a winning team. :eektf:

Great feeling, but really hard on the pocketbook. I have mixed emotions about spending huge dollars for a playoff game. I want to be there so badly, but I can only afford so much. Great dilemma to have, though. :D

Us O's fans are finding out just how it is to follow a winning team. :eektf:

Great feeling, but really hard on the pocketbook. I have mixed emotions about spending huge dollars for a playoff game. I want to be there so badly, but I can only afford so much. Great dilemma to have, though. :D

I think anyone who was there on Friday and Saturday would say this guy is a big hitter ... long.

dalai-lama-man.jpg

StubHub's cheapest WS tickets right now are about $750. I'd imagine that upper deck type seats will be at least a couple hundred once those get released.

FWIW, I'm going to wait until Friday and Saturday to check StubHub to see whether prices do come down at the last minute. If not, I'm going to cross my fingers and spend big for WS tickets.

Face value on upper reserve for the WS is $175 plus service charges so I'm thinking it will be difficult to find any seats on stubhub for under $500. I don't think $1000 is absurd considering how long it's been since we've been there.

So who used their phone to purchase tickets using their presale code?

I'm HOPING I get a code from the lottery but the odds of me being around a computer during the sale time would be slim. How difficult was it using the phone? I'm content with "best available"

Archived