If We Lose Four Straight?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A smashing success. We are playing with our best players for most of the year. It can't be anything but a success.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

We are AL East and Divisional Series champions. More banners. Always a great thing. There are 29 losers each year and I always expect to be one of them.

When you make it to the ALCS without a few of your best players, in my mind, you're playing with house money.
Absolutely. And if you lose to a pure luck, feel good, team. Well there was this time with the Mets. And I think history still reveres the Orioles as the superior club that season.

I'd say it'd hit hard for a little bit, at least, and ultimately give way to some pretty good feelings about 2014. Much akin to 2012. Can't help but be crushed a bit by the immediate aftermath. I was never a "well, house money" type.

Well, I doubt that anyone is throwing a party after it happens. Winter is already a cruel woman to me, let alone with the Orioles being at the threshold of the WS. I did book my lodging for ST today, so I'll at least be able to look forward to that.

I guess the only frustrating part if we don't move on to the World Series is that we came so far and got so close, and to have to do that all over again next year in the hopes of a better result sounds a little emotionally draining.

But speaking as a Ravens fan, coming back in 2012-13 and moving on to the Super Bowl after the heartbreaking end to the previous season in the AFC Championship against the Patriots was so worth it, and made the accomplishment all the sweeter.

Much more sweetness than bitterness.

What bothers me is the prospect that the Royals will continue to hit (and play) way over their heads in this series, then collapse in the WS. But even that would put only a smidgen of tarnish on a dazzlingly bright season.

The Toronto Blue Jays and Tampa Rays each went on 10+ game runs this year. Any team can get hot for a bit. But it can go away quickly. I would never think that the Royals would stand any chance in the World Series.

After 162 games, and dominating the ALDS, coming unstuck to lucky bounces and broken bat runs would be hard to take. Partly because going at it again next season feels so much harder than losing to superior play would. So, IF the Royals win the next two, I hope they outplay us and give us some development work to do to improve.

That said, I don't think the season as a whole can be classified as anything but a success. Look at the Red Sox for example, came from being the worst team to winning the WS to going back to the bottom. That must take the shine from recent success. We do seem to be developing and building a level of consistency which is always worth something.

A smashing success. We are playing without our best players for most of the year. It can't be anything but a success.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

This is a bit deceptive. The rotation has been remarkably healthy. We have only had 7 starters all year--one of them was McFarland for a game. Almost no one has lost as few starts from their starters as the Orioles have.

Archived