If We Lose Four Straight?

Bahama O's Fan

Oh so you are pulling stuff out of your backside again.

Shouldn't you at least have the decency to tell folks you are making stuff up as you go along? In case someone has just joined and doesn't know that is your modus operandi.

Making stuff up??? I was there at the game Saturday and stood watching it the entire 5 hrs I was inside the ballpark. I watched all of game one at home on tv. You didn't need a stop watch or hand held counter to OBSERVE that the a Royals had much longer at bats and saw more pitches than the Orioles hitters. I have no idea what you were seeing but you would have to be blind not to see that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Making stuff up??? I was there at the game Saturday and stood watching it the entire 5 hrs I was inside the ballpark. I watched all of game one at home on tv. You didn't need a stop watch or hand held counter to OBSERVE that the a Royals had much longer at bats and saw more pitches than the Orioles hitters. I have no idea what you were seeing but you would have to be blind not to see that.

And a sample size of two games means NOTHING.

It is akin to reviewing an album based off the opening riff of the first track.

I don't know nor care but it certainly must be better than the Orioles in this AL championship as it seems to take forever for our pitchers to complete an inning whereas they (especially) their bullpen breeze through the Orioles lineup mostly.

We have hit their better bullpen than most BTW. Also, I was there with a good view for both games. As was everyone who watched on TV. We have eyes also thank you.

And a sample size of two games means NOTHING.

It is akin to reviewing an album based off the opening riff of the first track.

Oh so regular season performs out weighs what happens in the playoffs? Tell that to the A's, Angels and Tigers! Newsflash once you make it to the playoffs it is a brand new season. They just posted a graphic showing the high number of pitches per ab the Royals are seeing in the playoffs even better than during the regular season.

Oh so regular season performs out weighs what happens in the playoffs? Tell that to the A's, Angels and Tigers! Newsflash once you make it to the playoffs it is a brand new season. They just posted a graphic showing the high number of pitches per ab the Royals are seeing in the playoffs even better than during the regular season.

It's the opposite tonight so I think you should bow to Corn's SSS argument and bow out of the debate. I feel you may be overmatched otherwise.

It's the opposite tonight so I think you should bow to Corn's SSS argument and bow out of the debate. I feel you may be overmatched otherwise.

It is the opposite tonight which is great so far as we are running up Guthrie's pitch count taking a page from what KC has

been doing to us in the first two games. But to deny that KC has not been great so far in the playoffs in seeing a lot of pitches is simply false so I have nothing to concede.

Hate to say this, but I would see the season as a disappointment, ultimately. The idea of getting swept in a seven-game series? That's disappointing, no matter how you slice it.

I would not be disappointed in our players by the way, or the organization... just the season.

All's well that end's well. All sucks that ends sucky. And this would suck harder than anything I can imagine in terms of an ALCS.

Season on line and Buck turns to a guy that hasn't pitched since Sept 29 seems smart.

A) The series is all but over.

B) Gonzo would have to pitch one of the remaining games regardless.

C) I don't trust any one of the starters more than another.

Hate to say this, but I would see the season as a disappointment, ultimately. The idea of getting swept in a seven-game series? That's disappointing, no matter how you slice it.

I would not be disappointed in our players by the way, or the organization... just the season.

All's well that end's well. All sucks that ends sucky. And this would suck harder than anything I can imagine in terms of an ALCS.

That is the cruel reality of baseball -- a long, grinding regular season of 162 games decided by seven, five, or even a one game series to advance. Anything can happen in the playoffs.

Well, at least it's not March Madness. :slytf:

If we lose four straight it means that Chris Davis has to sit out opening day next year.

He let us down big time. Just think he's 1 test away from missing 80 games. I think you look for a 1B upgrade this off season.

If we lost the next two to the Royals' date=' how will look back on this season? A success? A failure? Joy? Depression?[/quote']

Since we're talking if's here, what about winning four straight? We've got all season to ponder what the season meant to each fan. And when we do, we should all keep in mind that this team is built for sustainment, not a 1-2 year window. We all know that.

Archived