Official Winter Meetings Thread

weams

They're good because they had a good core of players that Duquette lucked into. Once they all leave, we'll be left with the true team he assembled, which is basically the MLB version of Norfolk.

Norris, Chen, Gonzalez, and Gausman are just triple A players. I know eventually they will all be gone but he acquired all of them and they look good to me.

If it is so easy to luck into guys like them why didn't any of our other GM's do it?

Plus he has straightened out player development, us scouting and international scouting.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're good because they had a good core of players that Duquette lucked into. Once they all leave, we'll be left with the true team he assembled, which is basically the MLB version of Norfolk.

Boy all the other front office guys must really be bad for Dan to be winning these awards.

Keeping those two might have cause him to make a cut somewhere else.

Or maybe he is thinking 3 years down the road where both of them could not be performing yet getting paid a ton of money. I am thinking if they both took 2 year contracts for the annual salary they signed they would both be Orioles.

a little teaser right before the commerical break about Justin Upton being more tradeable if you are willing to take on Chris Johnson's contract

3 years/$23.5M (2015-17), plus 2018 club option

signed extension with Atlanta 5/2/14

15:$6M, 16:7.5M, 17:$9M, 18:$10M club option ($1M buyout)

IDK why Masn and the Sun send reporters to the winter meetings. The Orioles never do anything.

Yeah that is what I said last two years. At least this year they had the DD/Blue Jays intrigue but they just gave him a soft-ball question on that.

a little teaser right before the commerical break about Justin Upton being more tradeable if you are willing to take on Chris Johnson's contract

3 years/$23.5M (2015-17), plus 2018 club option

signed extension with Atlanta 5/2/14

15:$6M, 16:7.5M, 17:$9M, 18:$10M club option ($1M buyout)

I would take Chris Johnson in a trade if it made Justin more tradeable. He gives us insurance for Machado and also he can play some 1B or OF.

I would take Chris Johnson in a trade if it made Justin more tradeable. He gives us insurance for Machado and also he can play some 1B or OF.

Yeah but could we get Upton without giving up any of Gausman/Harvey/Bundy? I'm not down with that. Maybe something like Gonzo and some mid tier guys.

Yeah but could we get Upton without giving up any of Gausman/Harvey/Bundy? I'm not down with that. Maybe something like Gonzo and some mid tier guys.

No, but you have to give talent to get talent. One of those three will have to be in any deal for Upton. I just try to resign him and if not the comp pick can make up for the lost prospect.

No' date=' but you have to give talent to get talent. One of those three will have to be in any deal for Upton. I just try to resign him and if not the comp pick can make up for the lost prospect.[/quote']

It is going to take more then a comp pick to make up for losing one of those three.

Archived