O's interested in Gomes ?

CA-ORIOLE

How will you survive? I suggest writing stuff down on posted notes, pretending they're rumors from guys who think they're insiders. It'll hold you over.

This never gets old. I know old people like you don't like getting the news fast like on twitter.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladies, ladies... you're both beautiful.

Regarding Gomes, his propensity to walk and... honestly, everything ELSE about him... make me think of Kevin Millar. They even got the former Red Sox angle working.

And the best news - he chews! Yay! :clap3:

Gomes would be a straight LHP platoon option. Even for that he's getting pretty weak.

973 -> 795 -> 745 OPS vs LHP last 3 seasons. Hate to rely on a bounceback.

I'd much rather have Alex Rios - slightly younger and even in a rough year last year had an 898 ops vs LHP.

I hate watching Gomes adjust his helmet at the plate. Hope this is not true.

Man, I have watched 14 straight losing seasons and still watched every inning of every game.

I watched in 1988 when we went 0 and 21 and I still watched every inning of every game.

I even rooted for and cheered for Albert Belle when he played for the Birds.

But Gomes and his helmet adjusting might be the final straw to make me change the channel DURING an Oriole at bat. I just can't take him! I can't. He may be a very nice man, I don't know, but I just can't stands to watch him hit.

Man, I have watched 14 straight losing seasons and still watched every inning of every game.

I watched in 1988 when we went 0 and 21 and I still watched every inning of every game.

I even rooted for and cheered for Albert Belle when he played for the Birds.

But Gomes and his helmet adjusting might be the final straw to make me change the channel DURING an Oriole at bat. I just can't take him! I can't. He may be a very nice man, I don't know, but I just can't stands to watch him hit.

If you can handle Trachsel you can handle Gomes.

I really dislike how people jump on every rumor and just crap on the guy like he shouldn't even be on the O's radar yet those same people can get up in arms if the O's don't go all out to sign a guy who has a similar skill set and is in many cases not as good (stat and/or contract value wise) just because he was an Oriole.....You see it over and over like Delmon vs. Gomes, Nick vs. Aoki or Cruz vs. Morse....Yeah the O's player might be slightly better but to completely discount a guy even though every objective measure tells us they are similar production wise but much much more likely to bring value contract wise......

I get emotional attachments....When Brady hit 50 bombs and the Moose was a legit Ace they both signed balls for me as a kid and it broke my heart to see Moose leave and Brady decline.....But if they could have replaced those guys with a Charles Nagy and Kenny Lofton I wouldn't trash those guys without doing some research at least....Unless you know it was 1996 again and I was 7......

Some Delmon Young supporter please show me how he is an upgrade over Gomes....Or how Noki for 2/18 isn't a better deal than Nick for 4/44 or Mike Morse won't be a much better value than Cruz going forward.....

To just dismiss a guy like Gomes who has a career .378 OBP vs lefties and a wRC+ of 133 yet hope the O's resign Young with his .333 OBP and 114 wRc+ is just ignorant.....Go O's!

Archived