Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He does not bleed Orange and Black and he will be the Orioles GM through 2018 and MLB is pushing for nothing there. They are getting ready for email and communication discovery. And deposition of it's CEO. Duquette will do a great job while here.

If he is going to Toronto in 3 years (If they still want him) I don't have much faith in a lame duck GM with plans on going to a rival. Just my feelings.

Who was the source?

I know there was a lot of talk about how much control Showalter wanted but it seemed like he was always the main target for our field general.

Wedge was always Andy MacPhail's choice there are lots of articles from around then. Not lots about why Buck was bad choice. Buck was always Peter's first choice. And I am glad we allowed him to make the changes that he did so that when Dan showed up he could complete the overhaul.

I'm not criticizing you. I'm just giving you my opinion. I wouldn't want people openly discussing my inner feelings when I've given no information publicly to make it a public issue so I don't feel comfortable doing it to DD. Pretty simple.

I agree that DD hasn't shown that he bleeds black and orange, but I'm not sure why that is surprising. He can care about the team and doing a good job in his role without being a lifelong fan who has to die as an Oriole. To think otherwise is foolish IMHO. It is a job. He is paid to do it. He probably wants to do it well and see the team succeed as that is the barometer for how well he has done. He would probably like opportunities to progress through his field, get more money, and bigger challenges as most driven people do. I don't know why it has to be more sinister than that and I don't understand why any of that would be a negative on DD.

I respect that. And you made fair points. I hope he stays for the long haul and holds up a WS trophy with Buck.

If he is going to Toronto in 3 years (If they still want him) I don't have much faith in a lame duck GM with plans on going to a rival. Just my feelings.

Wrong feelings. Toronto is not where he will go. In three years they will have their new president. Someone will want him because of the great job he did in Baltimore though. You watch. They have moved on from him in Toronto. Didn't you see...they have their sites on Rizzo now. And Kenny Williams is still trying to be the minority candidate. It's a fun mess. And Dan is not involved. Because Peter said no. The shoulds and coulds don't matter.

The success of the Orioles today goes farther back than the past 3 season. We still need to give ALOT of credit to MacPhail.

MacPhail:

Jones

Tillman

Hardy

Hunter

Davis

and lets not forget he hired Showalter.

I give MacPhail a lot of credit for his trades and player acquisition. He may be better at trades than Dan Duquette. However, MacPhail did not build as good of a scouting organization both for the majors and minors as Dan. MacPhail's methodically style would not allow him to do the rapid fire roster changes that Buck wants and Dan makes happen. Andy was not good at international scouting and signing. Dan has done more to bring international talent to the O's.

I think Andy was very good at forming the core for the O's winning seasons but its questionable if he would have ever turned the O's into a winner because he couldn't get the young pitching to develop with the scouting and player development organization that he had. It took Dan to build the pitching staff that has made the O's consistent winners.

Bottom line both Andy and Dan have contributed to the O's turnaround.

A General Manager who has four years to go in his contract is rarely referred to as lame duck.

If he doesn't want to be here, I have concerns his focus is entirely on the Orioles. It's the same as any occupation. Especially if your boss is holding you back from bettering yourself.

If he doesn't want to be here, I have concerns his focus is entirely on the Orioles. It's the same as any occupation. Especially if your boss is holding you back from bettering yourself.

Who ever said he did not want to be in Baltimore. I can assure you, Dan Duquette does not hate his current job. He would love a huge promotion and huge salary increase as would everyone .

When you sign a contract, you have kinda held yourself back from moving on. Especially with a job that up until two years ago was essential the top titular job in the industry.

Who ever said he did not want to be in Baltimore. I can assure you, Dan Duquette does not hate his current job. He would love a huge promotion and huge salary increase as would everyone .

And if your boss won't give you that promotion and raise AND hinders you from a chance to do so, you can start hating your job.

When you sign a contract, you have kinda held yourself back from moving on. Especially with a job that up until two years ago was essential the top titular job in the industry.

He earned it. Only a fool would turn down financial security. Especially when you were blacklisted from baseball for a decade.

Guest rochester

IMO the worst thing DD could do is to show that he is not happy with PA's decision. I believe he has made a crucial mistake not coming out adamantly about not taking the BJ's job - using 'I fulfill my contracts' statement, which can be construed as negative to the O's organization, i.e., it's the only reason he will stay. I strongly believe that he will give the O's 100%, however, every misstep, warranted or not, will be looked at a little closer, especially by the media. Regardless of merit, every trade that doesn't work out will be scrutinized as 'maybe his mind is not on the O's' 'maybe he's bitter' blah blah blah - and I don't mean only on here. It doesn't matter if it is all BS, his results will have the undertone of whether he is doing his best. That is not a good way to be perceived and not help the career - it doesn't have to be true.

Archived