Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go for it, Peter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Should add that it's not out of the realm of possibility that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> look into tampering charges against Jays. Certainly been discussed</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 22, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Use the threat of this to secure better compensation (if Buck/Pete have determined internally that they need to move on).

Go for it, Peter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Should add that it's not out of the realm of possibility that <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> look into tampering charges against Jays. Certainly been discussed</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

I think the chances of the commissioner's office siding with the Orioles is close to zero.

Not sure if there is anything to be gained by even trying.

Guest rochester
Ahhhhhhh.......

Whenever Buck speaks, all is right with the world. I feel much better now.

I am in complete agreement... when I listen to Buck I feel like, "meh, let DD go, Buck says everything will be fine".

The below quote is priceless. How he can say things like this with a straight face... "some stuff we want to do in Sarasota", y'know - bars, great "Early Bird" specials (for Peter) and other stuff...

"I saw Peter," he said. "We talked about some locker room renovations and some stuff we want to do in Sarasota."

I believe that Major League Baseball should:

1) Require the Blue Jays to make their intentions clear

2) Ban Ed Rogers from acting as a representative of the Blue Jays in personnel matters for a period of several years

3) Fine the Blue Jays for fomenting a "toxic" environment in the Orioles front office

4) Force the Blue Jays to compensate the Orioles in some way for the damage they have done

5) Start a 48-hour clock during which the Orioles and Blue Jays can agree to compensation for the Blue Jays hiring Duquette. If no agreement can be reached, the Blue Jays would be banned from entering into employment discussions with Dan Duquette until his contract with the Orioles ends.

Major League Baseball can do all of this, and they should.

No one that matters is confused as to what is going on. And the people that matter have the facts and can make appropriate determinations. I get that there is a fear that MLB is looking to stick it to Baltimore, but I firmly believe much of that is the product of simply not having info and assuming intent/actions. MLB isn't going to, and shouldn't, demand any public statements or demand any particular outcome. They certainly shouldn't start instituting fines because the fan base of a team, based on slivers of information, feels like their team is being wronged. They are going to try and sort out the issue while keeping two owners reasonably happy so everyone can get back to making money.

I think the chances of the commissioner's office siding with the Orioles is close to zero.

Not sure if there is anything to be gained by even trying.

I would say anyone who believes there is a team in baseball who hasn't "tampered" is crazy -- and I certainly don't believe there is anything to gain by Baltimore going down that route.

No one that matters is confused as to what is going on. And the people that matter have the facts and can make appropriate determinations. I get that there is a fear that MLB is looking to stick it to Baltimore, but I firmly believe much of that is the product of simply not having info and assuming intent/actions. MLB isn't going to, and shouldn't, demand any public statements or demand any particular outcome. They certainly shouldn't start instituting fines because the fan base of a team, based on slivers of information, feels like their team is being wronged. They are going to try and sort out the issue while keeping two owners reasonably happy so everyone can get back to making money.

Like you, I am not making any assumptions about what has gone on here. However, I do think Toronto's apparent use of the media to interfere with the normal process, if shown to be intentional, is pretty outrageous.

Here we go again...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just heard from a source that Dan Duquette’s move from Baltimore to Toronto is getting close and going to happen... but it is unconfirmed..</p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="

Just be careful to consider the source.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles talks with Colby Rasmus are gaining steam according to source</p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="

">January 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

Here we go again...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just heard from a source that Dan Duquette’s move from Baltimore to Toronto is getting close and going to happen... but it is unconfirmed..</p>— Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="

Will Jim Bowden finally have a scoop that came through? The drama. The intrigue.

No offense intended to Os84

Archived