Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just be careful to consider the source.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Orioles talks with Colby Rasmus are gaining steam according to source</p>? Jim Bowden (@JimBowden_ESPN) <a href="

">January 8, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well it did come out after that the agent thought they had a deal but Rasmus decided otherwise.

Different situation -- Tampa's real issue is that Maddon would not have exercised a unilateral right to terminate a contract (try to renegotiate before terminating) had he not be informed of specific amounts the Cubs were willing to pay. Duquette can't do anything unilaterally and has zero leverage to force a move by Baltimore. So one "tampering" charge involves another club paving a way for a manager to unilateral leave the org, and one involves improper contact that has caused distractions for the org but in no way has any impact on whether or not the exec leaves. Again, what are the damages Baltimore is suffering here that need to be made right? I get the principle; what's the substance?

Isn't that contrary to what you stated previously?

No, it doesn't change my belief that a significant return would be surprising and unprecedented. But it's possible that as long as this has been strung out, Baltimore got Toronto to cave into offering an unprecedented return. I don't agree with the arguments posted on here that a huge return is deserved, but that doesn't mean Toronto won't capitulate if the quality of return has truly been the holdup. My opinion hasn't changed; I just don't mind saying I could be wrong.

"MLB was running out of patience with the dalliance and was pressuring Baltimore to get something done or close down the possibility."

Good for MLB. I just want to get this thing done one way or the other as well. No reason to let it keep on hanging around.

Dan obviously wants to leave IMO. If he wanted to stay here, he would speak out about the rumors and shut down the talks. This is not the case though, I think it is in the O's best interest to just let him go to Canada. It's never a good off-season when the only real baseball move that is being considered is your GM going to a different organization.

"MLB was running out of patience with the dalliance and was pressuring Baltimore to get something done or close down the possibility."

Good for MLB. I just want to get this thing done one way or the other as well. No reason to let it keep on hanging around.

It's funny to watch MLB deal with the pain in the butt we've known about for some time now. It's all good until you're targeted on the other side. :D

Archived