Mussina does not make my HOF ballot

wildcard

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably.

The thing is with Pedro, you have to throw all the counting stats out. He was pitching against McGwire, and Bonds. And Sosa. And Juan Gonzalez.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Yl_uxwv9ECs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The thing is with Pedro, you have to throw all the counting stats out. He was pitching against McGwire, and Bonds. And Sosa. And Juan Gonzalez.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Yl_uxwv9ECs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And Koufax pitched against Aaron, Mays, Mantle, FRobinson, etc.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4osTw6HVLAk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pedro.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D5DO2da00IY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can you rank pitchers by innings pitched while disregarding that Pedro is one of only a handful of those pitchers ranked to have pitched in a five man rotation for his entire career? If you pitch in a five man rotation you will make 8 fewer starts a season. If you make 8 fewer starts a season you will end up with fewer innings pitched. It isn't complicated.
I suppose some benighted souls believe it is easier getting outs, if you have fewer IP per season.

How can you rank pitchers by innings pitched while disregarding that Pedro is one of only a handful of those pitchers ranked to have pitched in a five man rotation for his entire career? If you pitch in a five man rotation you will make 8 fewer starts a season. If you make 8 fewer starts a season you will end up with fewer innings pitched. It isn't complicated.

A pitcher that starts 40 games and pitches 300 innings is more value than a pitcher that starts 33 games and pitches 200 innings. It isn't complicated.

Archived