Orioles interested in Seth Smith

Roll Tide

I honestly don't know. Upton and Kemp should make the offense better, but neither are defensive wizards.

So is their plan to play Kemp in center? Surely they're not going to put Myers or Upton there. Kemp is an abysmal center fielder, and the other guys are not very good in the corners. They could have a -30 or -40 outfield on defense.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is their plan to play Kemp in center? Surely they're not going to put Myers or Upton there. Kemp is an abysmal center fielder, and the other guys are not very good in the corners. They could have a -30 or -40 outfield on defense.

Could they consider Myers for first base and put Venable in CF?

I suppose. Who's their first baseman? Venable is 32 and coming off a poor season. But that might be preferable to Kemp playing a -20 center.

Right now it's Alonso. And after looking at Myers' stats, I didn't realize that he's NEVER played first base in the Minors or Majors.

Myers is their best option in CF right now. Kemp and Upton are both better in RF with Kemp having the better arm and Upton having logged more innings in LF.

Yes, Myers is inexperienced out there but Kemp is horrendous in CF and Upton has only ever played LF and RF. Better to see how Myers can handle it and they can always adjust later.

Myers is their best option in CF right now. Kemp and Upton are both better in RF with Kemp having the better arm and Upton having logged more innings in LF.

Yes, Myers is inexperienced out there but Kemp is horrendous in CF and Upton has only ever played LF and RF. Better to see how Myers can handle it and they can always adjust later.

I suppose that San Diego pitchers will all be looking with fright in their eyes whenever a deep fly ball is hit in the gap.

I agree. If they move someone it would likely be Venable with Maybin serving as their 4th OF. And I have no interest in Venable.

Agreed. Venable is not a guy I would particularly be thrilled with.

Smith is unlikely to move though. To bad would have been a good fit at the right price

I agree. If they move someone it would likely be Venable with Maybin serving as their 4th OF. And I have no interest in Venable.

Wouldn't Venable be a nice fit as a 4th OF? Myers, Upton and Kemp are all everyday players. How much time will Smith get? He is making a good bit of money on a small market team to be an extra player. I know the NL uses their bench more but those 3 guys are going to play.

Wouldn't Venable be a nice fit as a 4th OF? Myers, Upton and Kemp are all everyday players. How much time will Smith get? He is making a good bit of money on a small market team to be an extra player. I know the NL uses their bench more but those 3 guys are going to play.

Now a move that would make sense for both teams would be Seth Smith to the O's for a package that would include Lough and a prospect or two.

Archived