Orioles interested in Seth Smith

Roll Tide

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why Lough? They have too many OFers as is. That's why they are trying to trade some.

If the Padres are holding on to Smith because they need a LH bat, then including Lough in a package would perhaps make the package more appealing since he is a LH bat.

They also have 3 OF who suck defensively, Lough can help there as a late inning replacement and frankly he would be a better 4th OF than Venable.

Not saying they would give up Smith for Lough. Saying that if they want a LH bat for matchups, want a guy who can play some OF D, then perhaps as PART of a package coming to them, Lough would have some value

I think they could really use someone with Flaherty's skillset. ;)

Lol....I doubt it.

Lough though is a LH bat and with Kemp, Myers and Upton running around out there he could serve as a decentish defensive replacement. As one part of a package for Smith I do not think its a stretch to think he could be intriguing for them as he would fill multiple needs cheaply

Why Lough? They have too many OFers as is. That's why they are trying to trade some.

Also btw if you took the time to read the thread you would have seen that Padres were talking about holding on to Smith because he is a LH bat....Lough happens to be a LH bat who can do things defensively that Smith cannot....namely playing CF

Also btw if you took the time to read the thread you would have seen that Padres were talking about holding on to Smith because he is a LH bat....Lough happens to be a LH bat who can do things defensively that Smith cannot....namely playing CF

I have paid attention to the thread. Sure Lough is better defensively than anyone they traded for.

But what is the point from the Os side than?

I have paid attention to the thread. Sure Lough is better defensively than anyone they traded for.

But what is the point from the Os side than?

Apparently you were not paying attention or you would have asked me that in the first place instead of asking why the Padres would want Lough.

Seth Smith is a solid player, good OBP would be a nice fit for this team. He is an upgrade IMO

Wouldn't Venable be a nice fit as a 4th OF? Myers, Upton and Kemp are all everyday players. How much time will Smith get? He is making a good bit of money on a small market team to be an extra player. I know the NL uses their bench more but those 3 guys are going to play.
Apparently you were not paying attention or you would have asked me that in the first place instead of asking why the Padres would want Lough.

Seth Smith is a solid player, good OBP would be a nice fit for this team. He is an upgrade IMO

Venable is not as valuable as Lough as a 4th OF and I like Smith, but I wouldn't call him solid. His numbers vs LHP aren't good.

I still think Lough isn't a good fit. The lack of options makes him a less desirable target.

Venable is not as valuable as Lough as a 4th OF and I like Smith, but I wouldn't call him solid. His numbers vs LHP aren't good.

I meant SD keeping Venable instead of Smith. I don't want him. I just think he makes more sense for SD then Smith as a bench guy.

I would like Smith to be a DH vs RHP, nothing more. I think he and Delmon Young would be a nice fit as platoon of sorts. Smith could play the OF here and there. At this point there aren't a lot of great options.

I meant SD keeping Venable instead of Smith. I don't want him. I just think he makes more sense for SD then Smith as a bench guy.

I would like Smith to be a DH vs RHP, nothing more. I think he and Delmon Young would be a nice fit as platoon of sorts. Smith could play the OF here and there. At this point there aren't a lot of great options.

Delmon hit right handers well last season.

Archived