Allen Craig?

theobird

No kidding. If he didn't have a down year in 2014 he would never be available because his contract was an absolute steal up until that point.

2011: .917OPS 2.4fWAR

2012: .876OPS 2.7fWAR

2013: .830OPS 2.5fWAR

But he did and it isn't. No reason to gamble on this. This is a guy that must show that he has rebounded before taking a chance on him. You risk maybe a million or 2 on a guy like this rebounding from the absolutely horrible year he had. $26.5MM? No thank you.

But he did and it isn't. No reason to gamble on this. This is a guy that must show that he has rebounded before taking a chance on him. You risk maybe a million or 2 on a guy like this rebounding from the absolutely horrible year he had. $26.5MM? No thank you.

Chris Davis and his 10 plus million say hello

Chris Davis and his 10 plus million say hello

Davis had a much better season last year than Craig. Much better, Not close. That we have Davis underscores the mistake that trading anything whatsoever for Craig and paying anything more than MLB minimum of his salary in addition to whoever we mistakenly give up in a trade would be a horrible move.

Davis had a much better season last year than Craig. Much better, Not close. That we have Davis underscores the mistake that trading anything whatsoever for Craig and paying anything more than MLB minimum of his salary in addition to whoever we mistakenly give up in a trade would be a horrible move.

I agree with this.

2015 30 Boston Red Sox $5,500,000

2016 31 Boston Red Sox $9,000,000

2017 32 Boston Red Sox $11,000,000

2018 33 Boston Red Sox *$13,000,000 $13M Team Option, $1M Buyout

This deal is set up perfect for the Orioles only 5.5m in 2015. 2016 Orioles have a ton coming off the books.

And if he goes back to his 2011-2013 season it's a steal for Boston.

Boston wants to trade him. There is a reason. No team has traded for him. There is a reason. Is it possible that he rebounds? Yes. Is it likely? No. Is it worth $26.5 million that can be spent elsewhere to take the chance? No.

Boston wants to trade him. There is a reason. No team has traded for him. There is a reason. Is it possible that he rebounds? Yes. Is it likely? No. Is it worth $26.5 million that can be spent elsewhere to take the chance? No.

How can you possibly say it is unlikely he'll rebound? He had a bad year compounded by injury and maybe made worse with the midseason trade. Considering his prior track record, I think it is actually more likely that he will rebound. His contract may be prohibitive and not worth the risk, but he's definitely a guy DD should check in on, unless his scouts are telling him Craig is absolutely done for some reason.

Didn't he have the same injury last year that ended Jimmy Smith's season for the Ravens?

I haven't seen him enough with my own eyes to feel strongly, but he put up some solid offensive numbers in 2011, 2012, and 2013. Due to my lack of experience watching him, I will have to trust DD on this one...either way. Involved or not.

I wonder what the O's would need to include if there was no salary relief. His contract doesn't scare me at all-- just his injury history.

I would want at least a prospect like 2B-3B Sean Coyle back in the deal. I thought about including Middlebrooks as a change of scenery guy, but Young would be a better option.

I would imagine a deal with the Sox will be nearly impossible. I feel like we lost the Miller-Rodriguez swap in the long run, but that was expected as we were simply going for it all last season.

Archived