Rasmus to Astros... our offseason is horrible

MemorialStadKid

Rasmus stinks, his numbers pretty much show that he sucks. He has had one decentish season in the past 4 years. He has shown a resistance to being coached in the past and if Buck met with him and got the sense he would not fit the clubhouse dynamic then why in the hell are people up in arms that we would pass on a guy who is likely to hit around .220 or so and strike out a ton?

Come on, its silliness. Its not like we passed on signing Alex Gordon to a bargain deal, its freaking Colby "Daddy Says" Rasmus. I trust Buck were this is concerned.

Not to mention the fact that once the dust settles in the free agent market I still believe if the O's want to or feel they need to they will have an opportunity to trade a starter for a player who is likely better and a better clubhouse fit.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neither of your questions make any sense. The whole reason to visit is to see if you want them on your team. The money is secondary.

And Matusz is expensive, but for a contender he's someone you may not have the luxury of losing just yet. He could still get traded.

And you have to tender him a contract because you would never let him go for nothing.

Our offseason has been terribly boring to follow' date=' but it doesn't mean we still don't have a great team ready to go for this season.[/quote']

I agree with the first part of that sentence.

There's still plenty of time to make moves, but right now I think getting this team to the postseason will be Buck's greatest challenge ever.

I agree with the first part of that sentence.

There's still plenty of time to make moves, but right now I think getting this team to the postseason will be Buck's greatest challenge ever.

I agree, we don't look as good as last year, but do you think we look worse compared to the 2012 team?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colby Rasmus' deal is one year at $8 million, source says. No club or player options included.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">January 20, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OK, so I guess it's actually $8 million, not $4 million. That makes it quite a bit different, IMO.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>....Rasmus' camp decided to seek more money and got it in Houston. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> drew line in the sand. Didn't want to go past it</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Colby Rasmus' deal is one year at $8 million, source says. No club or player options included.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

OK, so I guess it's actually $8 million, not $4 million. That makes it quite a bit different, IMO.

I'll say. Where the heck did that first report come from?

I am fine with this. $9M would have been an overpay for a guy who has had both attitude and performance problems. There is no sense in making a deal just to make the offseason exciting. The quotes said that Rasmus liked Buck, but not the other way around. Delmon may very well outperform him at a fraction of the price even against RHP. I would have wanted Fowler but the price was too high. Ultimately the Oriole Way is to build from within and that is what we will have to do.

Archived