2015 Travis Snider Trade

xian4

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually Pearce should be in LF and Snider should stay in RF because you want a left handed thrower in right field and a right handed thrower in left field because it gives them the best angle to make a throw in.
I don't think it makes that much difference, but Pearce is the better RF and LF is Snider's best position according to the metrics.

Why doesn't anyone bring up Colby Rasmus? So many people wanted him in the OF and we could have had him instead of Snider. We would have been so much better off.

It's a good question. Not materially, no. I wouldn't have Colby face a lefty, but he'd give you some pop at the bottom of the order.

I'd rather have Snider than Rasmus. But if you had a time machine and signed Rasmus before offering Arb to De Aza, I'd be behind that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we should stay the course with platooning Snider/De Aza (LHB's) and (Young/Pearce) RHB's in the outfield. That, imo, has the best chance to optimize their production. If all 4 can perform close their career levels and/or trends in that platoon structure then yes, I think we can be competitive team and possibly make the playoffs. All 4 are currently underperforming imo.

I think we should stay the course with platooning Snider/De Aza (LHB's) and (Young/Pearce) RHB's in the outfield. That, imo, has the best chance to optimize their production. If all 4 can perfomr close their career levels and/or trends in that platoon structure then yes, I think we can be competitive team and possibly make the playoffs. All 4 are currently underperforming imo.

Fine, but how do explain what Buck is doing today? Does Delmon beat up on Feldman in a SSS?

Fine, but how do explain what Buck is doing today? Does Delmon beat up on Feldman in a SSS?

He has a .800 OPS against him in 15 at bats (.267/.533), but most of those at bats were early in his career. Since 2011 he has had 4 at bats against Feldman and is 1-4.

Well not to criticize Buck and be blasted, but I don't care for this SSS stuff (i.e Young was 3-5 off this guy in 2008 etc.). if in fact that's all it is based on is a SSS. Needs to be more reasoning behind it than that. Some of the situations i.e, reverse splits and other stuff may be fine, but I'm not sure if that's the case though. In some cases it clearly is.

Wow, you wonder why people with different opinions don't post here. Amazing. What a welcoming group. Stay classy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking about coming out of nowhere? What are you talking about?

Archived