2015 Travis Snider Trade

xian4

YEAR TEAM LG LEVEL W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR HB BB IBB SO AVG WHIP GO/AO

2015 BRD FSL A(Adv) 2 0 3.93 8 8 0 0 0 0 36.2 38 19 16 2 2 11 0 28 .273 1.34 1.81

Brault.

Guess Tarpley is still injured.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Id sit him for a while. I know he's been on the bench but he's done little or nothing to keep his starting role. In Fact, NONE of the outfielders with a mild exception to Delmon Young have given us much to be excited about.The bottom line is, so far, they haven't been great in the field or at the plate. Id start looking at Reimold who looks like he's finally hitting at Norfolk.We aren't far from giving Alvarez a shot too, though its doubtful he can hit for power at a major league level. I know he can run and throw and field.I haven't heard a peep about Urrutia. Issume he's either hurt or underperforming. The Orioles lack of quality position players in the minors is appalling.They better draft some top talent in June, and they better not be busts.

You have to play two OFers and go with it. You are right, none of them have grabbed the spots. But you can't sit all 5.

Palmer made the comment last night that Snider got started playing well when he was in the lineup practically every day in the second half of the season last year. I think Snider's a guy that might need to get extended playing time. Personally, I didn't mind the outfield configuration last night for NL games.

Id sit him for a while. I know he's been on the bench but he's done little or nothing to keep his starting role. In Fact, NONE of the outfielders with a mild exception to Delmon Young have given us much to be excited about.The bottom line is, so far, they haven't been great in the field or at the plate. Id start looking at Reimold who looks like he's finally hitting at Norfolk.We aren't far from giving Alvarez a shot too, though its doubtful he can hit for power at a major league level. I know he can run and throw and field.I haven't heard a peep about Urrutia. Issume he's either hurt or underperforming. The Orioles lack of quality position players in the minors is appalling.They better draft some top talent in June, and they better not be busts.

With the exception of Steve Perce, Young actually has the lowest OPS on the team of anyone of our players that are capable of playing in the OF. He has a near .350 a BABIP and has just a .663 OPS. He did the same thing last year. Looks good with limited opportunities, so Buck lets him start for a while and he does nothing, then goes back to sporadic playing time and starts hitting again.

Pearce needs to be given consistent playing time though. A lot of his decline this season can be attributed bad luck. His BABIP is .203. Last year it was .322. And his LD% is actually way up this year. Seeing that he has a very nice LD% his BABIP should most likely be in the .290 range (right around his career average) at the very least. His ISO is down, which is probably about right with an 8% FB decrease, but could stand to improve if an improved BABIP leads to more doubles. He's striking out nearly the same as last year and his walk rate is still good (not as good) so with a change of fortune he could go back to being a contributor for us. 2013 offensive Steve Pearce coupled with his now good defense is a good everyday player.

With the exception of Steve Perce, Young actually has the lowest OPS on the team of anyone of our players that are capable of playing in the OF. He has a near .350 a BABIP and has just a .663 OPS. He did the same thing last year. Looks good with limited opportunities, so Buck lets him start for a while and he does nothing, then goes back to sporadic playing time and starts hitting again.

Pearce needs to be given consistent playing time though. A lot of his decline this season can be attributed bad luck. His BABIP is .203. Last year it was .322. And his LD% is actually way up this year. Seeing that he has a very nice LD% his BABIP should most likely be in the .290 range (right around his career average) at the very least. His ISO is down, which is probably about right with an 8% FB decrease, but could stand to improve if an improved BABIP leads to more doubles. He's striking out nearly the same as last year and his walk rate is still good (not as good) so with a change of fortune he could go back to being a contributor for us. 2013 offensive Steve Pearce coupled with his now good defense is a good everyday player.

Nice Post

Once everyone is mostly back' date=' I would like to put Snider in LF and Pearce in RF for a while and see how they perform with playing time handed to them. Lough, DeAza and Young can get in sporadically.[/quote']

I like whatever Buck has done to get us back within a game of .500 from the free fall we had taken.

With the exception of Adam Jones Snider has the highest OPS of all the other OF possibilities, including a .340 OPS, so there's that. I'd give the guy a few more PA to see if he can hit for power and play him in LF where his defensive numbers are the best.

Actually Pearce should be in LF and Snider should stay in RF because you want a left handed thrower in right field and a right handed thrower in left field because it gives them the best angle to make a throw in.

I agree for the most part.

Actually Pearce should be in LF and Snider should stay in RF because you want a left handed thrower in right field and a right handed thrower in left field because it gives them the best angle to make a throw in.

If all things are equal, sure. But you want to look at arm strength and speed too. For example, if I have Brett Gardner and Dariel Alvarez as my corner OFers, I'm playing Alvarez in right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once everyone is mostly back' date=' I would like to put Snider in LF and Pearce in RF for a while and see how they perform with playing time handed to them. Lough, DeAza and Young can get in sporadically.[/quote']
With the exception of Adam Jones Snider has the highest OPS of all the other OF possibilities, including a .340 OPS, so there's that. I'd give the guy a few more PA to see if he can hit for power and play him in LF where his defensive numbers are the best.

Serious question - do you think that the Orioles are capable of making the playoffs/winning 90 games with Travis Snider playing the outfield every day? How about with Pearce and Snider being the every day outfielders?

Serious question - do you think that the Orioles are capable of making the playoffs/winning 90 games with Travis Snider playing the outfield every day? How about with Pearce and Snider being the every day outfielders?

Snider was playing almost everyday last year and the Pirates made the playoffs.

Archived