2015 Travis Snider Trade

xian4

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The kid had a 1.43 WHIP at AAA. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

You're writing him off because of a 1.43 WHIP in 35 innings? He's also striking out 11.3 per 9 in those 35 innings.

He had a 1.12 WHIP in 155 innings last year. 1.01 WHIP in 90 AA innings.

You're writing him off because of a 1.43 WHIP in 35 innings? He's also striking out 11.3 per 9 in those 35 innings.

He had a 1.12 WHIP in 155 innings last year. 1.01 WHIP in 90 AA innings.

No, I'm not writing him off. It just tells me he's probably not ready to pitch in the big leagues. And a pitcher who's allowed that many baserunners at AAA would get eaten alive pitching against AL East lineups at Camden Yards. We've seen that many times over the years when the Orioles call up a young guy with a great strikeout rate. He comes up here and walks the ballpark and allows a ton of baserunners and gets sent back down to AAA due to ineffectiveness.

We started the year with Tyler Wilson and Mike Wright in our rotation. How is this different?

Both were fully developed AAA level pitcher with no other levels to accomplish at the time. Both had substantial MLB time as well.

How many young starting pitchers with a great strikeout rate, did the Orioles ever call up?

Plenty of guys. Daniel Cabrera, Adam Loewen, Radhames Liz and David Hernandez just to name a few. All of them had really good strikeout rates in the minors and none of them knew a damn thing about what it took to be an effective starting pitcher in the majors.

I don't know what you are talking about, if Brault was still in the Orioles organization he would likely be starting this Friday.

He would not have been this spring. After seeing several other young men fail, giving Brault a chance would be something you might see.

Brault is making his MLB debut for the Pirates against the Cardinals tonight. Would be nice to have him in the mix.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pirates call up Steven Brault. Another sneaky Pirates pitching prospect. MLB ready, generates swings and misses. 3 AVG or better pitches.</p>— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) <a href="

">July 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes it would be nice. Only idiots trade good young arms for 5th outfielders. You could have gotten Snyder for a bag of balls. Unbelievable.

Archived