2015 Travis Snider Trade

xian4

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plenty of guys. Daniel Cabrera, Adam Loewen, Radhames Liz and David Hernandez just to name a few. All of them had really good strikeout rates in the minors and none of them knew a damn thing about what it took to be an effective starting pitcher in the majors.

I will go to my death believing that, if he hadn't gotten hurt, Adam Loewen was poised to be a good major league pitcher in 2007, despite the fact that he was rushed to the majors. His elbow had other ideas.

Who considers Miller low impact?

Yeah really. This has nothing to do with Snyder. Miller was a stud and everyone knew it. Said he had most fun he every had in those months with the O's. Too bad they didn't resign him. Yanks are going to get some serious prospects for him.

Yeah really. This has nothing to do with Snyder. Miller was a stud and everyone knew it. Said he had most fun he every had in those months with the O's. Too bad they didn't resign him. Yanks are going to get some serious prospects for him.

I don't think the Yankees are going to trade Miller.

Aroldis Chapman the more likely to be traded.

I think Erod for Miller paid off.

If Erod has a 25% chance to be a good starter, he would have probably improved our chances to win a world series more over his career than Miller did over a single (half) season plus playoffs.

It went about as well as a trade like this could, which should be all the more evidence not to do it again. Your view of this trade probably depends on how you think odds work in the playoffs though.

If Erod has a 25% chance to be a good starter, he would have probably improved our chances to win a world series more over his career than Miller did over a single (half) season plus playoffs.

It went about as well as a trade like this could, which should be all the more evidence not to do it again. Your view of this trade probably depends on how you think odds work in the playoffs though.

Or if you want to give it a go when you have the shot. It's not like a small market team that lost half it's market size is going to get too many chances.

Or if you want to give it a go when you have the shot. It's not like a small market team that lost half it's market size is going to get too many chances.

Sadly this thinking is self perpetuating.

I have no problem "going for it" when we get a shot. I have a problem trading away a long term asset that might up our future playoff chances by 3-5% every year for someone that might up our world series chances by .5% this year.

To me, playoff berths are like lottery tickets. I rather have more of them than better ones.

Sadly this thinking is self perpetuating.

I have no problem "going for it" when we get a shot. I have a problem trading away a long term asset that might up our future playoff chances by 3-5% every year for someone that might up our world series chances by .5% this year.

To me, playoff berths are like lottery tickets. I rather have more of them than better ones.

Ok. Well, Since many Orioles fans have only known the winning teams of the last five season or the losing ones of the 14 previous, it's realistic to want to exploit the chances that now exist. Realistic.

Ok. Well, Since many Orioles fans have only known the winning teams of the last five season or the losing ones of the 14 previous, it's realistic to want to exploit the chances that now exist. Realistic.

What was Dan's excuse after the 2014 season?

:ducks:

If they are smart they will trade both.

I'm hoping they are not smart.

I live in the NY metro area and listen to quite a bit of sports talk radio and the talk seems to lean towards Chapman being moved.

But if the right offer came around for Miller I could see it happening.

I always hope they aren't smart.:D

Archived