2015 Travis Snider Trade

xian4

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talking about coming out of nowhere? What are you talking about?

I'll PM you when I get back in town. The common occurrence of some posters to gang up on others. It's discouraging to post after a while sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the exception of Steve Perce, Young actually has the lowest OPS on the team of anyone of our players that are capable of playing in the OF. He has a near .350 a BABIP and has just a .663 OPS. He did the same thing last year. Looks good with limited opportunities, so Buck lets him start for a while and he does nothing, then goes back to sporadic playing time and starts hitting again.

Pearce needs to be given consistent playing time though. A lot of his decline this season can be attributed bad luck. His BABIP is .203. Last year it was .322. And his LD% is actually way up this year. Seeing that he has a very nice LD% his BABIP should most likely be in the .290 range (right around his career average) at the very least. His ISO is down, which is probably about right with an 8% FB decrease, but could stand to improve if an improved BABIP leads to more doubles. He's striking out nearly the same as last year and his walk rate is still good (not as good) so with a change of fortune he could go back to being a contributor for us. 2013 offensive Steve Pearce coupled with his now good defense is a good everyday player.

I think this is a good post.

I'll PM you when I get back in town. The common occurrence of some posters to gang up on others. It's discouraging to post after a while sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you carry chalk with you at all times, by chance?

Snider doesn't pinch hit for Lough in the 7th down one but yet DeAza hits for Pearcd down 3 in the 9th.
A real facepalm moment for sure.

Maybe Buck is starting to lose it. He had some camera time tonight and mostly looked pretty pissed off.

Why doesn't anyone bring up Colby Rasmus? So many people wanted him in the OF and we could have had him instead of Snider. We would have been so much better off.

I didn't and I love trains. I thought then and still think that Aoki would have been the better choice between the two.

• 1 year later...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>One name in <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pirates?src=hash">#Pirates</a> poss trade inv Travis Snider is 22yo LHP Steven Brault, an 11th rounder in 2013. Was at Delmarva/Fred in 2014</p>? Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="
">January 27, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brault is making his MLB debut for the Pirates against the Cardinals tonight. Would be nice to have him in the mix.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pirates call up Steven Brault. Another sneaky Pirates pitching prospect. MLB ready, generates swings and misses. 3 AVG or better pitches.</p>— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) <a href="

">July 5, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived