Manfred - ASG Bidding Process Starting in 2017 (Orioles Related)

TonySoprano

Nothing could make me happier than to have MLB cursing the fact the World Series is going to be played partially in Baltimore. Especially if the AL ends up with homefield :)

Manfred being forced to be hosted by Peter .....oh that would be priceless.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB will officially announce that the Miami Marlins awarded the 2017 All-Star game at a press conference in Miami at 2pm ET on Friday.</p>— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) <a href="

">February 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Nothing could make me happier than to have MLB cursing the fact the World Series is going to be played partially in Baltimore. Especially if the AL ends up with homefield :)

Manfred being forced to be hosted by Peter .....oh that would be priceless.

Here's your personally selected seat Mr. Manfred.

In the BLEACHERS!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLB will officially announce that the Miami Marlins awarded the 2017 All-Star game at a press conference in Miami at 2pm ET on Friday.</p>— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) <a href="
">February 12, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, that's the owner who should be awarded. Fire Manfred.

Yeah, that's the owner who should be awarded. Fire Manfred.
While I agree in principle about Loria, do you punish the city because of the owner? The taxpayers are on the hook for a ton of money thanks to another one of Selig's stadium extortion schemes.
In the now finalized deal—supported by Miami Mayor Manny Diaz, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Alvarez, and Burgess—the total building cost of the stadium complex rose by a few million to $634 million. More than 80 percent of that would be paid for using public money. Analysts of the bonds sale soon publicized that—with interest compounding over 40 years—the total cost to the county to repay them would rise to $2.4 billion.
source - wikipedia

While I agree in principle about Loria, do you punish the city because of the owner? The taxpayers are on the hook for a ton of money thanks to another one of Selig's stadium extortion schemes. source - wikipedia

The only good thing about that is so many of those taxpayers are retired-to-Florida Yankee fans.

:D

Archived