Fangraphs: Top 10 Worst Transactions of 2015 Off-Season

Can_of_corn

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, that's a stupid answer. Though, Panda might be the worst contract of the entire offseason.

He might surprise, altho probably not $100 million worth. I don't see how he can play 3B as well as he does. He's a walking (waddling) surprise.

I had no problem letting both guys go at that cost. I still say Andrew Miller is worth every penny the MFY's signed him for. Disappointed with that.

IF Miller closes (and stays scary good) he is probably worth it. Not worth it to us but worth it to the Yankee$.

I believe that O'Day and Britton will outperform Andrew this season. As they did last season.

I disagree on both points. I think he has been and will be comparable, and actually I think O'Day is due to have a relatively down year. However, it's worth noting that Miller is replacing David Robertson at the back end of the pen, not adding to the Yanks' arsenal. Miller's raw numbers are better than Robertson but their career ERA+ as a reliever are about the same.

The Yanks have a very good bullpen with Miller, Dellin Betances and Adam Warren but I don't think overall it's any better than last year.

I would've liked us to sign Miller at 4/32. (But) you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere and I suspect that the Skankees would've crossed our line no matter what. I just hope that Miller now reverts towards his historical numbers from his exceptional numbers last year.

But... but... but... Dan was distracted! Not doing his job in case he would be working for the competition! Not committed to the Orioles. Asleep at the switch. He should have signed those guys! DONE SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

Trade bundy, harder or gausman for SOMETHING!!!!!1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a different train of thought' date=' what would you rate as some of the best transactions this offseason?[/quote']

I think there is a post about that somewhere. Fangraphs did their write up already. They rated the Dodgers GM additions as best and then turning Kemp and Gordon into gold as 2 and 3. I kind of agree with that, but they also had the monetary resources to do it. They are eating more money in those two deals than I think Tampa is paying their whole roster this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF Miller closes (and stays scary good) he is probably worth it. Not worth it to us but worth it to the Yankee$.

Closing has nothing to do with it. 7th and 8th inning dominant relievers are every bit as valuable. This is the trend in the game today. Get your starter through 6 and go lights out with studs in innings 7-9.

Archived