Cameron Tonight!

sangell2007

The officiating in the first half was complete garbage -- McRoberts went over the back towards the end of the first half and that led to a Scheyer bucket.

I'll take that first half. If Dook can't shoot they ain't winning -- their inside game is non-existant.

Come on guys. Seriously? It hasn't been that bad at all. A couple non-calls on McRoberts were the only bad calls I saw towards Duke. There have been a couple on the Terps that would almost always get called on them at Cameron, but weren't.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best moment of the first half:

Vitale (in best Vitale voice) talking about Spears -- "I tell you what, she better wake up, her and Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton." I think even he seemed a little embarrassed to be talking about that during a b-ball game. My wife and I are still laughing.

Yup, Patrick is awful. Loves him some Duke.

Tell me you're kidding about the refs right? First off, they have not been bad at all. They've actually been better than usual for a Cameron game IMO. Secondly, even if they had been bad, why give Dukie fans (cough SG cough) ammo to say "Terp fans always complain about the refs"?

While I agree that they seem to be letting them play, there has been some questionable calls.

No kidding!! Like the offensive foul on DJ and out of bounds reversal where it looked like the Duke player had traveled anyhow.

And what's up with Vitale and Patrick talking crap about Vazquez strutting after his 3 pointer? If it had been a Duke player they would have been making googoo eyes at him and singing his praises.

I didn't see them saying anything bad, as a matter of fact the keep singing his praises. They are praising him for his excitment.

Best moment of the first half:

Vitale (in best Vitale voice) talking about Spears -- "I tell you what, she better wake up, her and Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton." I think even he seemed a little embarrassed to be talking about that during a b-ball game. My wife and I are still laughing.

HAHAHA, yea that was awesome. Classic stuff right there.

Blech. How, as a Maryland fan, can you listen to him call a Duke game? He slobbers Duke so much it isn't funny. Vitale gets the wrap as a Duke lover, but he is nothing next to Patrick.

Seriously, how many things are brilliant? Patrick says that as much as "the" and "and".

Like I said in my post, I don't care what anyone else think's regarding this. It's a personal opinion. I think he's fair, and for what it's worth Vitale called MD to win it all the year they did. He is very fair with giving MD their due respect.

I think we're in deep trouble. We're outshooting them 53%- 35% and we're only up 6?! What happens when we cool off and the refs continue to give Dook all the calls? If we don't start doing a better job guarding the 3 we'll lose. It's the only thing keeping them in it.

No offense but you are crazy.

This game is playing right into the Terps hands right now.

Yeah, the officiating has been fine. I thought there was one really bad call, when Potius knocked it out of bounds and they reversed it. Other than that I havne't noticed anything terrible.

Yup, that was a bad call. But come on guys, stop talking about the refs. They have not been a difference at all in this game. Talk about how well Jones, Osby, and Vasquez have played.

I didn't see them saying anything bad, as a matter of fact the keep singing his praises. They are praising him for his excitment.

They were talking about not showing up your opponent after making a three. I don't know, maybe I took it too personally.

Yup, that was a bad call. But come on guys, stop talking about the refs. They have not been a difference at all in this game. Talk about how well Jones, Osby, and Vasquez have played.

Pocious pretty much got closelined on that play.

The problem was it was a late call, which was poor but it was the correct call.

They were talking about not showing up your opponent after making a three. I don't know, maybe I took it too personally.

Meh, Patrick is an old school guy who always whines about crap like that. Honestly, Duke took a time out after he hit the three, so I loved it that he gave the Crazies a little shimmy. They probably said too much about it, especially b/c Duke called time out, but I don' think they ripped him or anything.

Pocious pretty much got closelined on that play.

The problem was it was a late call, which was poor but it was the correct call.

But they didn't call a foul (although Patrick announced they did), because they were in the bonus and he would've went to the line. They said Gist knocked it out.

Either way, I agree with yardbirds, please stop complaining about the refs guys. It just makes SG look right! :eek:

Archived