Josh Hamilton will not be suspended by MLB

xian4

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p>MLB just confirmed, announced Josh Hamilton will not be suspended. He won his arbitration case against the league.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">April 3, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am glad I am not an Angels fan. The Angels acted really unseemly with that statement.

drewsylvania - Apr 3, 2015 at 1:16 PM

I mean in a dangerous sense. Also, as OG said, the Angels signed him KNOWING that he had this history. They assumed the risk.

And now they want to weasel their way out, by assisting in the creation of a hostile environment. It?s classic manipulation.

28 9

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Angels are like a customer who bought a 3D TV for $10K and is now trying to return it to Best Buy three years later.</p>— David Cameron (@DCameronFG) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hey, we get it, you’re sad that you signed Josh Hamilton. You should be. But an addict’s relapse isn’t your get out of jail free card.</p>— David Cameron (@DCameronFG) <a href="

drewsylvania - Apr 3, 2015 at 1:16 PM

I mean in a dangerous sense. Also, as OG said, the Angels signed him KNOWING that he had this history. They assumed the risk.

And now they want to weasel their way out, by assisting in the creation of a hostile environment. It?s classic manipulation.

28 9

And that is why teams should still be on the hook for the player's salary.

Give it to charity, give it to revenue sharing, whatever.

It should never be in a team's best interest for a player to fail a drug test.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just confirmed: Hamilton's avoidance of penalty had nothing to do with the substance, but the 'technicality' of not failing a test.</p>— Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) <a href="

Players, Good Players, Don't fail those tests. If they did, I might agree.

I'm not one who normally takes the side of the drug user, but in Hamilton's case, the guy has a known disease that's he's been fighting for years. I haven't followed this story enough to know what knocked him off the wagon, but as others have said, extra time on his hands is definitely not best for a guy struggling to stay clean.

I'm not one who normally takes the side of the drug user, but in Hamilton's case, the guy has a known disease that's he's been fighting for years. I haven't followed this story enough to know what knocked him off the wagon, but as others have said, extra time on his hands is definitely not best for a guy struggling to stay clean.

And...he didn't fail a test.

Archived