Josh Hamilton will not be suspended by MLB

xian4

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neither the arbitrator under the CBA or the two independent arbitrators selected as alternate fifth members of the treatment board are hired solely by MLB. In each case the arbitrators are hired jointly and paid for jointly by MLB and the MLBPA. In the case of the fifth member of the treatment board (one of the two jointly appointed arbitrators) that arbitrator cannot be immediately dismissed by either party. They are hired for a one-year term and may be dismissed by either party prior to the beginning of their next term on October 31. As far as the arbitrator for all CBA grievances. That arbitrator may be fired at any time by either party for any reason whatsoever. Neither party has to state their reason all they have to do is submit a letter to the arbitrator and the other party stating the arbitrator's dismissal.

I guess this is the new deal.

I am glad I am not an Angels fan. The Angels acted really unseemly with that statement.
Good. It's BS they were trying to suspend him for a self reported violation.

My Dad is an Angels fan, but hasn't liked Hamilton. Not because of the contract though. He likes that Moreno spends his money. He doesn't like Josh and his "stuff". We tend to clash at times, but even he understands that he's an addict and has a problem. I'm curious to see where he comes down on this. I see a potential trade down the line. Moreno has plenty of money and the Angels have a surplus in the OF.

The rules do carry punishment for drugs of abuse, don't they? So Hamilton admits to using them, but because they don't have a positive test, he dodges the penalty? That's obviously dumb and they need to change the rules. Either don't penalize for drugs of abuse, or be able to penalize for drugs of abuse. Seems they're caught in a middle ground where drugs of abuse are punishable but you can have a video of yourself snorting coke and there's nothing they can do about it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Moreno, asked if he can say Hamilton will play another game with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Angels?src=hash">#Angels</a>: "I will not say that."</p>— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) <a href="

">April 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Moreno says Angels have separate language in Hamilton's contract vs relapse and they may try to enforce it.</p>— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) <a href="

">April 11, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sometimes Angelos doesn't look so bad.

Archived