Josh Hamilton will not be suspended by MLB

xian4

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That makes no more sense then the Diamondback rumor I read.

I honestly don't understand this.

Why in the world would Texas want him back? With the way he left and their first hand experience w/ dealing w/ Hamilton and his issues, I can't comprehend why they would willingly take him off the Angel's hands. Even at a heavy discount, this guy is still only one bad day away from (yet, another) drug/alcohol relapse. :confused::bangwall:

Oh, well. On to 'second chance', #5,372.

I honestly don't understand this.

Why in the world would Texas want him back? With the way he left and their first hand experience w/ dealing w/ Hamilton and his issues, I can't comprehend why they would willingly take him off the Angel's hands. Even at a heavy discount, this guy is still only one bad day away from (yet, another) drug/alcohol relapse. :confused::bangwall:

Oh, well. On to 'second chance', #5,372.

If he gets suspended do the Rangers get his all of his forfeited money back?

Isn't that just an evil thought?

Texas will pay only $15M. While Angels will eat $68M.:eektf:

That is what doesn't make sense. Yes, Angels you have money to burn so please dismantle your farm system so you can make bad FA signings ( the worst of which wasn't Hamilton ) and then blame the guy you knew you were signing.

I hope he goes to Texas and kills the Angels.

If this is a straight cash deal, it will be interesting to see if MLB and MLBPA actually allow it.

Rosenthal's tweet suggests that it is just a cash deal. No players going back to the Angel's.

Looks like the Ranger's will be paying less than $7 Mil. Hamilton will eat $6 Mil. of the deal himself, but there's no state income tax in Texas, so he should get a good chunk of that back. Hamilton will also get an opt-out clause for 2016.

If he gets suspended do the Rangers get his all of his forfeited money back?

Isn't that just an evil thought?

... and, yes. This would be hilarious. :D

Rosenthal's tweet suggests that it is just a cash deal. No players going back to the Angel's.

Looks like the Ranger's will be paying less than $7 Mil. Hamilton will eat $6 Mil. of the deal himself, but there's no state income tax in Texas, so he should get a good chunk of that back. Hamilton will also get an opt-out clause for 2016.

... and, yes. This would be hilarious. :D

Aside from the whole Josh relapsing part.

Archived