Sun-Times says O's want Cedeno, Gallagher, and 2 more prospects

Bigbie03

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Everything that I ever heard said he needed work at 2B. He has exceptional speed and a good bat, so the Cubs thought he should switch to the OF. 2B is more of a finesse position than the OF, so maybe it had to do with positioning, footwork, making the double play, etc. I would imagine anyone who is talented enough to make it to the majors and has played baseball their whole life ought to be a decent OF.

This may be, but BAL doesn't need EPat as a CF or a LF. THe discussion on this board has centered around him being an option at 2b -- I don't think that is a good strategy since his current team has all but given up on him there.

I posted here for the first time recently and have been viewing this board for a few months now. I am a CUBS fan and want to thank you for having a great message board. You guys are dedicated! I want to say that I have seen some

negative remarks from both sides of the Oriole-Cub spectrum that aren't warranted. Personal jabs shouldn't be condoned in any way, form or fashion; because it not only causes generalized contempt, but clogs up pages of real objective debate.

I posted here for the first time recently and have been viewing this board for a few months now. I am a CUBS fan and want to thank you for having a great message board. You guys are dedicated! I want to say that I have seen some

negative remarks from both sides of the Oriole-Cub spectrum that aren't warranted. Personal jabs shouldn't be condoned in any way, form or fashion; because it not only causes generalized contempt, but clogs up pages of real objective debate.

Shut up ya hoser! Just kidding. ;)

Welcome aboard. :)

From the reports that the Orioles want to scout the Cubs players, before making a trade is very impressive. Its a good cautious approach on Andy MacPhails part. Plus what better way to judge these kids skills, by going to see them in action, rather than making the deal during the winter and going by the previous seasons stats. As Sports Guy eluded to earlier. Its pretty telling that it appears the O's and Cubs are still working on this. Hopefully it all works out in the end for everybody.

Does your trade still include Payton going to the Cubs as well?

I think if Murton or EPat are coming back, Payton would make sense to be included from both teams' perspective. If it is Hart instead, the Cubs would have no use for the additional outfielder and, with Hart not on the 40-man roster, the Orioles would not have the same 40-man issues. They would still only have to DfA one man. If the Cubs still wanted Payton included, however, I don't think the Orioles would have any problem obliging them with that. Just my opinion.

I think if Murton or EPat are coming back, Payton would make sense to be included from both teams' perspective. If it is Hart instead, the Cubs would have no use for the additional outfielder and, with Hart not on the 40-man roster, the Orioles would not have the same 40-man issues. They would still only have to DfA one man. If the Cubs still wanted Payton included, however, I don't think the Orioles would have any problem obliging them with that. Just my opinion.

Hart? As in Kevin Hart the guy we traded to the Cubs last year. Hart is on the 40 man.

I believe you are referring to Veal?

Hart? As in Kevin Hart the guy we traded to the Cubs last year. Hart is on the 40 man.

I believe you are referring to Veal?

Sorry. I guess I'm going to have to stop relying on Cot's. They show Hart signed to a minor league contract.

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/chicago-cubs_112114177768677294.html

Well, personally, I wouldn't make or break the deal over whether or not Payton is included, even if another player must be DfA if he is not included.

Sorry. I guess I'm going to have to stop relying on Cot's. They show Hart signed to a minor league contract.

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/2005/01/chicago-cubs_112114177768677294.html

Well, personally, I wouldn't make or break the deal over whether or not Payton is included, even if another player must be DfA if he is not included.

I dont see where they say he is signed to a minor league deal. They have him on their twice:

Kevin Hart rhp

* contract purchased 9/4/07

* acquired in trade (from Baltimore) 12/7/06

* drafted 2004 (11-319)

* ML service: 0.027

Kevin Hart rhp

* acquired in trade (from Baltimore) 12/06

* drafted 2004 (Maryland) (11-319)

* ML service:

Archived