Travis Snider in right field today....What would Nick have done?

Davey

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't really a collision. nider tripped over Jones after tracking the ball and being called off. Snider was angling away from Jones toward the CF fence. Jones was coming directly to the RF gap.

Snider was doing his job and did it well. You track that to the last second. He was just a little clumsy and tripped over Jones. Nothing here. That trust will build. Not worried at all.

You know, I think the collision happened because Travis had to deal with a center fielder who didn't get to any balls in Pittsburgh...

Trust the center fielder will get the ball if he calls you off.

And Jones had to deal with a corner outfielder who didn't get to many balls in the gap.

I was at the game and watching that play was horrific. Terrible. Glad he hit the 3-run bomb, but wow-that was painful to watch.

I think Wildcard and myself have commented that he may not be a full time player. He has looked really good at the plate, hard to argue there, but that play will not set well with Buck, I know that much.

That is the way Buck finds out about Snider. Put him out there and see what he does. Today's error was noted. He will get more chances. If it keeps happening he will turn into a DH and we will see Pearce out there more often.

The O's now have allowed four unearned runs. They had 36 for all of last year. Buck will make adjustments if needed.

I'm pretty sure the number of three-run errors Nick has committed in his career is...zero.

No, never an error. But in an ALCS game he had one of the slowest breaks I've ever seen on a blooper that scored 3 runs. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

And I'm a huge Markakis fan and have his jersey.

It was a bad play, pure and simple. About the only thing that almost saved it was Snider's quick reaction to pack peddle to make up for it. Does Nick make it, hard to say. Logic makes me say yes because he would have known the jet stream and wind patterns at Camden Yards, but it's irrelevant. Snider made a play, it cost them badly, just have to move on from it.

Archived