vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/10 (Home Opener)

OFFNY

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
t's one thing to suck and keep on sucking. It's a different thing to suddenly not suck for one game. That being said, I'm pretty sure you cut and pasted this comment without even thinking. Just a natural reflex perhaps that you've developed over time?

Since 2013, when has Norris "sucked and kept on sucking?"

Uhhhh.... I did just as much thinking with my post as you did yours. You consider Buds last season a disappointment? Because I'm sure even you could agree(I hope) that last season Bud didn't "suck and keep sucking".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of either pitcher. I'd like both to be off of the team. My cut and paste comment is because I'm fairly sure I saw a very similar kershaw-type comment on these boards yesterday.

Since 2013, when has Norris "sucked and kept on sucking?"

Bud Norris' career ERA is 4.60. That doesn't impress me. His ERA was consistently above 4 every season (6 consecutive) until last season when he notched a 3.7 ERA. Then he has a horrible spring and follows it up with this stinker.

I'm not a fan.

I'm not a fan of either pitcher. I'd like both to be off of the team. My cut and paste comment is because I'm fairly sure I saw a very similar kershaw-type comment on these boards yesterday.

I get not being a fan of a guy but ignoring his 2014 season seems a little silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bud Norris' career ERA is 4.60. That doesn't impress me. His ERA was consistently above 4 after season until last season when he notched a 3.7 ERA. Then he has a horrible spring and follows it up with this stinker.

I'm not a fan.

How is that any different than Jimenez, who the Orioles were dumb enough to overpay? That said, Bud Norris has been a good pitcher for the past few seasons and I think he will bounce back this year b/c he has pretty good stuff and he is in his FA year. Spring Training literally does not mean anything and no offense to use but I hate it when people use it to support their argument.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Wait....I already said that he doesn't dead lift, squat, or bench 500 pounds, let alone the 800 pounds as you said. I literally just said yesterday his Bench was maybeeeeee 300 with the help of pads and the sling shot, and his squat was 400.  Is that anywhere near 500 or the 800 that you claimed? So please, tell me where I said he was doing 500 pounds seriously?  I said that above sarcastically in response to your continued assertions that JH was doing elite power lifting numbers.  Which was ridiculous.  Just lol. 
    • I would agree.  He needs a complete reset.  Complete rest.  Starting to remind me more and more of Dylan Bundy.  A guy who FOR SURE early in his baseball life trained too hard.  Played too hard.  Took baseball too hard as a possible career.  By the time he grew into an adult man, he wasn't the player he was as a kid and young man.  Both mentally and physically.  I said this in an earlier post, but unlike most athletes, JH seems to have been groomed from the time he was 3 to be a baseball player.   He may already have the body of a 27 year old when it comes to wear and tear.   And I am sure since all he has ever done is baseball, there is a part of him mentally that is just tired. That is why with my son and daughter (5 and 9  ) I encourage them to play any and all sports, but focus on none.  Your true abilities in any sport will eventually come out.    Just don't over do it.  Even Tiger broke down from his dads complete obsession with making him the best.  The fact that Tiger actually did it is a testament to his mental strength.  That being said.......if you can get a boatload for him now?  I would do it.  I said it yesterday but he is not a special athlete.  He is a very good baseball player.  But not an elite athlete  despite what Corn says.   And this injury is not a good sign of what is to come. 
    • I like college bats after #10 until the end of the first round. My preference is for them to have some defensive value if possible. I like the idea of using comp picks to try to get high end high school bats. Its a risk/reward type of pick. I would have to know why they, (Burns and Smith) fell to that level. Pitchers break and that's a lot of money for a broken pitcher. I'd be very cautious, in other words.
    • I characterize “winning” as having a winning culture and established high level of play.  I don’t think we had that in the 2012-2016 run.  I think even the most orange tinted glasses saw that was a very short window with nothing to come after.  What we have now, and what the Ravens have established, is the ground work for continued winning and high level play. Above and beyond the on field accomplishments the organization is doing all the right things off the field and nurturing a relationship with the fans in a “winning” manner.  Winning was never the focus in the past.  Even the most ardent haters can see that winning is here for the foreseeable future on and off the field. 
    • Naw, I know sarcasm and that wasn't sarcasm. You are just changing your story.
    • Everyone is a sports psychologist and physical therapist now. He's a talented 20-year-old living his best life who struggled in a tiny sample size at the MLB level. The conspiracy theories that people create are absurd. He hurt his elbow, players get hurt at times, just about every one of them, it doesn't need to be over-analyzed.
    • Again...sarcasm? You guys are so quick to jump on anything I say and paint into a negative light it is BEYOND comical.  I feel as if I have my own trolls and internet 'haters' here. Relax.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now