Kevin Gausman: Mental or physical?

PeteU

Remember that one hit was a bloop, hit-em-where-they-ain't single and one big "hit" bounced off

D'Aza's glove. Gausman got two Yankees out.

Wouldn't call it a bad outing. Gausman may have been rattled by the defensive lapse. Got to be an

experienced, confident pitcher to remain calm when everything seems to be going poorly.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Remember that one hit was a bloop, hit-em-where-they-ain't single and one big "hit" bounced off

Wouldn't call it a bad outing. Gausman may have been rattled by the defensive lapse. Got to be an

experienced, confident pitcher to remain calm when everything seems to be going poorly.

[video=youtube;QYTadlooH7o]

I wish he were in Norfolk, getting regular starts. He's given up runs in every game he's pitched this season.

Amen. I don't think he belonged on the OD roster (maybe 1st day only). Frustrating. Now sending him down, just looks bad. Tough decision.

Who would come up in his place? McFarland? Hard to excited about that. I understand the fresh arm thing, but...

I'd prefer to keep Gausman in the pen and let im get it together up here. We know he can do the job. He's a little off right now. Keep running the bullpen guys out there. I'm confident they'll get better. I do think we need Gausmant to turn into that 8h inning guy along with O'Day so Hunter is more of a 6th-7th inning guy we can matchup with.

You and WIldcard are the best posters on here by far IMO. I respect your opinion. I think you my be right. The alternatives aren't great and having him working with our pitching coach here probably helps out more. Good post sir.

Gaus is like Jordan Spieth - he'll figure it out - IMHO.

I thought he looked pretty good last night. Hit the glove with his fastball.

- Squib to no man's land falls in left field

- Ground ball sneaks through the infield

- De Aza drops ball in left

Plus, the ump squeezed him on at least two pitches.

I was sure that someone would post about him giving up runs again but sometimes it is just bad luck. Nothing was hit hard but a bloop off the end of the bat and a grounder to second which is an out if not double play position and then a fly ball. His fastball is down a bit but he was bringing it in Tampa. I am started to wonder if the gun on Masn is a bit slow seems every pitcher is down a mph or two. Maybe it just the weather but I have noticed that the last couple nights with Hunter, Gausman, Dylan, and even Pineda.

I was sure that someone would post about him giving up runs again but sometimes it is just bad luck. Nothing was hit hard but a bloop off the end of the bat and a grounder to second which is an out if not double play position and then a fly ball. His fastball is down a bit but he was bringing it in Tampa. I am started to wonder if the gun on Masn is a bit slow seems every pitcher is down a mph or two. Maybe it just the weather but I have noticed that the last couple nights with Hunter, Gausman, Dylan, and even Pineda.

I think he threw at less than 100% velocity to improve command.

I thought the radar gun shown on the MASN broadcast, was what the stadium guns was measuring.

No, I'm blaming him for giving up two scorched outfield flies, though, and putting a guy on base that scored.

Why is everyone's favorite Orioles David Lough not playing? I thought he was healthy? If he isn't, get rid of him. His only value is his glove.

Archived