Don't score walks

Ori-Al

I don't know what it is with this team, but it seems that a teammate reaching base via walk, hit by pitch, or error is a signal to not score. They are lousy at taking advantage of free baserunners.

Hitters overanxious with runner on third and less than two outs is also a problem.

I don't know what it is with this team, but it seems that a teammate reaching base via walk, hit by pitch, or error is a signal to not score. They are lousy at taking advantage of free baserunners.

Hitters overanxious with runner on third and less than two outs is also a problem.

I only saw one over anxious hitter which was Flaherty who swing and popped up on the first pitch with one out and bases loaded. That was putrid.

Given the composition of the lineup, I would expect that tonight was an aberration. They're just not that kind of lineup, unfortunately...

DeAza is an important player. I think Manny is getting ready to go on a tear. Can't expect Joseph and Flaherty to keep hitting. We need to get the outfielders bats going.

DeAza is an important player. I think Manny is getting ready to go on a tear. Can't expect Joseph and Flaherty to keep hitting. We need to get the outfielders bats going.

I have little to no expectations for De Aza to do much of anything. I think all things considered, he's more of a liability.

I have little to no expectations for De Aza to do much of anything. I think all things considered, he's more of a liability.

If that is the case that will hurt us. DD may need to add a corner OF bat at some point. Shame Schoop got hurt.

Hell, I'm grateful they're taking walks. Baby steps.

I stated in the game thread that even though the Orioles were horrible tonight in only scoring 2 runs while drawing 8 walks, that long-term dividends will be paid if the Orioles continue to be that patient at the plate.

So tonight, 8 walks while scoring only 2 runs really sucked.

But over the course of the 162-game season, if the Orioles walk at an extremely high rate, they will be beneficiaries much more than they will be losers (as they were tonight.)

o

Hell, I'm grateful they're taking walks. Baby steps.

I stated in the game thread that even though the Orioles were horrible tonight in only scoring 2 runs while drawing 8 walks, that long-term dividends will be paid if the Orioles continue to be that patient at the plate.

So tonight, 8 walks while scoring only 2 runs really sucked.

But over the course of the 162-game season, if the Orioles walk at an extremely high rate, they will be beneficiaries much more than they will be losers (as they were tonight.)

Also ...... Drew Hutchison has given out 8 free passes (6 walks and 2 hit batsmen) in only 15 innings pitched so far this season.

Don't do him any favors. Take some pitches, and make him prove to you that he can consistently throw strikes. If he can't ...... just take walks, and let him elevate his own pitch-count.

Archived