Roch: Dylan Bundy - Dominating

weams

That's not good, but tomorrow is another day. Any knowledge of whether he was hit hard or if it was a few sneakers through the IF, bloops, etc.? Or something in between?

That is a lot of sneakers and bloops in two innings. You could play without a second baseman and not give up that many seeing eye singles in two innings.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is a lot of sneakers and bloops in two innings. You could play without a second baseman and not give up that many seeing eye singles in two innings.

While that is true, if the damage was done with some tough break bases loaded situations or something like that, at which point a few liners drove the bulk of the runners in while Bundy was trying to get a K, I'm a bit less concerned than 8 back-to-back-to-back... liners or something like that.

First inning seemed a bit fluky. Ground single, stolen base, line single and runner goes to 2nd on throw home. Bunt single and throwing error by 3B allows 2nd run, wild pitch allows 3d run. Second inning not as fluky.

First inning seemed a bit fluky. Ground single, stolen base, line single and runner goes to 2nd on throw home. Bunt single and throwing error by 3B allows 2nd run, wild pitch allows 3d run. Second inning not as fluky.

Combine that with just a regular off night for Bundy without his usual feel or stuff and it's very easy to have a bad night. He just needs to be healthy and progress. If we end up with Strasberg light, I will be happy.

The original post was mulling over trading the future for Lester because he would have increased the odds of winning in the playoffs right then. I was just pointing out that the A's did exactly that and more, and exited October as quietly as possible.

Right, I was agreeing with you.

He WASNT clobbered. i wrote a post about this and for some reason I don't see it. I spoke to a scout who was there and he was excited.Bundy is still throwing hard and locating his fastball. Most of the hrs were bloops, sawed off or dribblers.In fact, the scout reported this to Buck and Buck was also very pleased that Bundy is throwing well and didn't care about the score of the game. Also, there is a lot of talk the Givens may be the next pitcher "up" for the Orioles. He is throwing really hard and it the pitches come at you in a strange sidearm motion. Lastly, there is still a lot of excitement for Alvarez despite his current offensive struggles. Apparently he is a brilliant defender with a "Clemente-esque" arm.

Great. Another defensive guy that can not bat. Don't we have enough of those guys?

As far as Im concerned De Aza, Delmon, Snider, and Lough, our current corner outfielders either can't field and can hit some. Or can run and not hit.Or can field a little or nothing else. Or can't do any of those things consistently. Im not convinced that ANY of those four are even close to irreplaceable.

But combined they are better than Nick Markakis, right?

No, they're not. Better value for the money, maybe. Better, no. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived